Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

14 minutes ago, Wake Up Call said:

Budget day tomorrow and the Minister is declaring some difficult decisions have to be made. Healthcare and education are in the firing line. Where will MR £1m subvention fit?

It's establishment and PR communications so it will remain unscathed is my prediction.

40 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Oh come on, are you trying to say that Phil doesn't ham it up for the microphone.

Oh, and for those that don't know, "I knew his father" is a real the ultimate power card in the Isle of Man. And to know someone's grandfather is well, off the scale.

22 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Wasn't it Phil that told us we actually had loads of money. By including the NI reserve which he thought he could simply have use of. 

It’s just that I was on the committee, then secretary, of Laa Columb Killey for a decade and then chair. Manx accent  is strong amongst Arbory farmers. No power trip intended.

Whatever he said it’s 8 years since he was voted out. The recent raids on reserves are not something you can point at Phil. Was he ever a Treasury member?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s just that I was on the committee, then secretary, of Laa Columb Killey for a decade and then chair. Manx accent  is strong amongst Arbory farmers. No power trip intended.

Like Miles Walker?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Whatever he said it’s 8 years since he was voted out. The recent raids on reserves are not something you can point at Phil. Was he ever a Treasury member?

I think perhaps that the reference is to Phil Gawne's DOI tenure being the one that got us into Liverpool Terminal.

Plus, his stint at DEFA led to huge rises in handouts to the farmers, to, "Stop us all starving". There are also notable amounts now being paid out to farmers to allow them to do nothing to their lands in the name of, "Re-wilding" too though I think this is since his DEFA days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Got well and truly kicked out though. By Jason Moorhouse no less!

By Jason Moorhouse and Graeme Cregeen.  No humiliation is greater.

(Actually it was maths as usual.  In 2016 Moorhouse had Castletown sewn up, Cregeen Ballasalla/Malew and Gawne Arbory.  But the Arbory vote was a little bit smaller and he lost by a few dozen votes).

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Oh, and for those that don't know, "I knew his father" is a real the ultimate power card in the Isle of Man. And to know someone's grandfather is well, off the scale.

Ray Gawne was (and is) Captain of the Parish, so everyone knows him.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Plus, his stint at DEFA led to huge rises in handouts to the farmers, to, "Stop us all starving". There are also notable amounts now being paid out to farmers to allow them to do nothing to their lands in the name of, "Re-wilding" too though I think this is since his DEFA days.

Yeah, Phil was at his peak when he delivered that little speech:

If you don't have farmers you don't have food...If you don't have food you die...Therefore if you don't give farmers lots of grants money you die.

Ipso dipso really

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wake Up Call said:

Budget day tomorrow and the Minister is declaring some difficult decisions have to be made. Healthcare and education are in the firing line. Where will MR £1m subvention fit?

Money for Manx Radio should be conditional on them making it a building and studios that are accessible for everybody.

It's 7 years since the Equality Act and they've had time to make 'reasonable adjustments'.

6 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Money for Manx Radio should be conditional on them making it a building and studios that are accessible for everybody.

It's 7 years since the Equality Act and they've had time to make 'reasonable adjustments'.

You could say whilst they lack in support of physical disabilities they very much overcompensate with the support of feeble minded.

• Like 1

Did I hear right another £250k  to add to the £1 million subvention already being paid , ? sadly the station is worse than ever  , they must have a good contact  somewhere in government , while the other radio stations  stand on their own 2 feet 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Did I hear right another £250k  to add to the £1 million subvention already being paid , ? sadly the station is worse than ever  , they must have a good contact  somewhere in government , while the other radio stations  stand on their own 2 feet 

Manx Radio (Subvention).    This year  1,128               Next year    1,334 

Some of this is for minor capital spending.

49 minutes ago, Omobono said:

25% wage increases for Manx Radio presenters, gotta be Money well spent, I mean they work really hard and obviously deserve the increases, as nobody spoke again it. 

5 minutes ago, Holte End said:

25% wage increases for Manx Radio presenters, gotta be Money well spent, I mean they work really hard and obviously deserve the increases, as nobody spoke again it. 

Really? Source?