Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

16 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Anyone is better than Chris Thomas with his bluster and bullshit you are no wiser about what he is talking about most of the time.

In fact after listening to him I cannot think why I turned the wireless on or where my car keys are, he just makes your brain think "I can't take this shite goodbye".  😵 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Kopek said:

MR reports that... MANX CARE HAVE GOOD STOCK OF  BLOOD....

image.jpeg.589e745393aa1ea57c73570bc83e1b2e.jpeg

Don't we always Kopek? 

Have good stocks of blood! Just for clarification 

Sorry reason should say, too much sun today not too much Sin. Lol 😆 on my second glass of Shiraz very large one.

Edited by Lilly
Last sentence for clarification, too much sun today. ch sin today.

I suppose it gives one ambivalent feelings about the TT.

"The Island really comes alive during the TT"

And the hospital has a good stock of blood for the inevitable transfusions...

Well, look on the positive side - if they need a transfusion, they are still alive.

[And, to put some balance here, I do not object to the TT - I just thought the headline was a bit amusing.]

[[But I am easily amused, especially on a Friday evening]]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

this is the first time I have ever heard anyone from the health service  ( Manx Care ) commenting on the condition of the two sidecar competitors  who crashed at Bishops Court  ,talk about jumping on the bandwagon  pity the lady cant be more positive about waiting lists   and how tightly they are controlling their budgets , 

it seems any opportunity  to get the ten pennyworth in ,  or fly the flag  ,  it will be Hooperman next telling everyone what a  great job he is doing running the health service 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Omobono said:

it seems any opportunity  to get the ten pennyworth in ,  or fly the flag  ,  it will be Hooperman next telling everyone what a  great job he is doing running the health service 

Imagemhbbcthermoman.webp.c317735277ab665a3bd09bf2bbbc01f6.webp Pictured this when I saw Hooperman.... note the opaque visor. "I see nothing wrong.."

The bike racing woman that does the Radio TT stuff with Chris 'Kinners' Kinley makes his voice sound less squeaky, and is ok and all that, of course, but I wonder could some basic elocution lessons be provided to stop the stinted, pause laden delivery. I know it is an affectation adopted by some young folk of today but it is not conducive to good radio.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Is that the racer with the rising intonation at the end of a statement. Rather than a question? Annoying as that is, I quite like her. 

Yes. I quite like her too.
I just thought I'd provide some words for possible improvement as I doubt she will go any further than Manx Radio with that style of diction.

Re the rising intonation thing, the 'Manx' snowboarder used to be terrible for it, every single sentence, sometimes 2 or 3 times a sentence. Then it suddenly changed. I can only assume someone provided the advice. Ditto a Manx Telecom boss that was on Manx Radio a lot, he eventually dropped it too, I also imagine after a works do and someone got pissed and told him straight.

• Like 2

That inflexion is an affectation that does absolutely nothing for a person, as with the spattering speech with random half pauses. A sort of introduced stammer. It's a technique that gets the attention and makes a person sound like they are thinking about what they want to say, but it should be used very sparingly for any useful effect, not all the time. It's rather irritating.

Like the MR woman who was forever giving out false laughs, "huh, huh, huh" just about every sentence, but has now rationed herself to about one every 10 minutes.