Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

3 hours ago, KERED said:

Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward with information following a road traffic collision.

A silver Vauxhall or similar failed to stop at the scene after hitting a red Ford Fiesta.

Silver Vauxhall or similar?

Like maybe?

Volvo
1.4M
Volkswagen
Toyota
Ford
Mercedes-Benz
BMW
Kia
Audi
Renault
Peugeot
Škoda
Saab
Nissan
Opel
Citroën
Hyundai
Mazda
Chevrolet
Subaru
SEAT
Tesla
Honda
Fiat
Suzuki
Dacia
Porsche

MINI
Polaris
MG
Lexus
Jeep
Land Rover
Chrysler
Dodge
Polestar
Jaguar
I11.7k
CUPRA
Alfa Romeo

R
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder why Manx Radio news carry so many stories about the horse trams, another this weekend. Having 15 people working in the newsroom under Mrs Davies.

24 items on the subject so far this year. Hundreds in the search going back a few years.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Brian333 said:

I wonder why Manx Radio news carry so many stories about the horse trams, another this weekend. Having 15 people working in the newsroom under Mrs Davies.

24 items on the subject so far this year. Hundreds in the search going back a few years.

Maybe because it’s a topic of interest to a lot of people - have you ever thought about that ? 

Is it horse tram horses to be seen grazing in the field on the corner of Blackberry Lane/Governor's Rd? They are very handsome beasts and look much bigger when not strapped to a tram. If they ever are that is. 

18 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Is it horse tram horses to be seen grazing in the field on the corner of Blackberry Lane/Governor's Rd? They are very handsome beasts and look much bigger when not strapped to a tram. If they ever are that is. 

Yes they are.

You can also see several of them at Clypse Farm, next to the reservoir. I don't know exactly how many horses they have, but it must be well into double figures which seems a lot to provide a one tram service for less than half a year.

The fixed costs of the horse tram service, twelve months a year; feed, stablehands wages, rent, vets fees must be very significant in relation to the potential revenue from passengers.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Yes, I think so.  Used to live opposite many years ago and those fields were the nursery fields for them. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian333 said:

They are fairly interesting in the mane. 

1 hour ago, Brian333 said:

14 journalists and Phil Gawne. Who is on air more than any of them.

13 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

You lived in the Governor’s house?

No, opposite the bottom fields.

ETA  From memory, all the fields were given over to the horse teams. 

Edited by Gladys

Tynwald agreed in 2017 that the horse tramway should be restored to its full length.

Since then enough horses have got to be kept in fine fettle and roadworthy so that the full service can be started up again.

About time our politicians pulled their fingers out. 7 years of doing nothing is a bit extreme.

If Manx Radio can keep the subject coming up, so much the better.

35 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Tynwald agreed in 2017 that the horse tramway should be restored to its full length.

Since then enough horses have got to be kept in fine fettle and roadworthy so that the full service can be started up again.

About time our politicians pulled their fingers out. 7 years of doing nothing is a bit extreme.

If Manx Radio can keep the subject coming up, so much the better.

Yeah. Lets waste some more money!

• Thanks 1