Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

On 9/8/2022 at 10:19 AM, KERED said:

Don't agree.

I think he does "Devil's Advocate" very well, and he is BY FAR the best Mannin Line presenter ever. (Even better than Beth, IMHO)

Beth who is married to the head of just about everything that’s going on with IOM Government?

6 minutes ago, Omobono said:

In fairness I think Bill has done an excellent job holding it all together ,  we know the control freaks in the cabinet office  are  hell bent on restricting news stories , the courts  are no longer covered in case someone  mentions the increase in crime particularly  drugs and dealing ,  the passing of GDPR legislation  has severely effected  all forms of news outlets , we have become Manx mushrooms ,kept in the dark and fed on bull shit , but I do think Mr Mummery does try to fight back on occasion ,and he remains one of the most philanthropic  ,and hard working people in the business sector ,

The biggest news story seems to be why does his server farm in Braddan have an empty carpark every day for the last 10 years but still seems to generate massive turnover that is banked in IOM taxes. 

Edited by Wavey Davey

7 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Tindle press have a story on the issue, highlighting the MR intention to extend their coverage to DAB 

Will they get a grant from government (ie. the taxpayer) for this?

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/manx-radio-relies-more-heavily-on-the-taxpayer-562538

The problem is the quality of the signal not the content. Piss funny.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 9:27 AM, HiVibes said:

The problem with Manx Radio is it know's its glory days were in the 1960's and they are obsessed with looking back rather than forward, even when they appointed a new MD in 2019 they made a big thing of his links to Radio Caroline, FFS give it up. 

Manx Radio needs to do some real reporting. Get out of the studio. Find out what is going on around the island. We can get music on other channels.

• Like 1

The newsreader from South Africa, I think, has received some stick.  But she actually speaks clearly, its the emphasis that's a bit unfamiliar.  I think she has a nice voice and got some unwarranted criticism, from myself included. 

Reminded me of the Scottish chap from the Met Office, when he first started people were complaining.  In truth, a thick Scottish accent can be hard to understand, but he is still giving updates and we can understand him.

What irritates me more than any accent is lazy speech.  Just pronounce all the letters. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The newsreader from South Africa, I think, has received some stick.  

A guy rang in on the Mannin Line the other day and it was hilarious to listen to. Andy Wint didn’t know what to say. It was borderline casually racist. But the caller was right in that what’s the point of having a newsreader on a local radio station who locals can bloody well understand.