Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

A guy rang in on the Mannin Line the other day and it was hilarious to listen to. Andy Wint didn’t know what to say. It was borderline casually racist. But the caller was right in that what’s the point of having a newsreader on a local radio station who locals can bloody well understand. 

Much as I dislike lazy speech, there is also lazy hearing. She isn’t hard to understand, and certainly not as hard as the Scottish guy when he first started. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Much as I dislike lazy speech, there is also lazy hearing. She isn’t hard to understand, and certainly not as hard as the Scottish guy when he first started. 

Really?

The lady in question is barely intelligible to my mum.  She now listens to 3fm instead.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Much as I dislike lazy speech, there is also lazy hearing. 

Sorry she’s audibly terrible. Andy Wint even knew it as he clearly couldn’t even try to defend when the caller pushed. She even admitted on some talk show section with Brindley that she picked up the news reading job with MR within a few weeks of relocating from SA. Why and how? Are we that short of people who speak English as a first language in the IOM that they employed her to read local news over anyone else? The caller pushed it a bit too far. But essentially he was right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

A guy rang in on the Mannin Line the other day and it was hilarious to listen to. Andy Wint didn’t know what to say. It was borderline casually racist. But the caller was right in that what’s the point of having a newsreader on a local radio station who locals can bloody well understand. 

You? Who actually listens to that shite other than Manx forums shit dribblers?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Gladys said:

Genuine question, Glad, but who was the Scottish Newsreader on MR?

I don't remember him.

38 minutes ago, KERED said:

Genuine question, Glad, but who was the Scottish Newsreader on MR?

I don't remember him.

No, it's the Met Office chap.  Lots of complaints at first, but he still gives the forecast and he is understandable, but has an accent.