Lord of Mann

0bserver

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

From a private/personal FB I don't really see the issue. The account isn't visible to non-friends by the looks of it. Apparently he's friended a narc though.

We live in divisive times, and he's added to that with his post. Pointless.

I like some of the things he tries to get going, i even went to the first meeting of the workers party or whatever he called it, but realised

1) I was the only worker there, and

2) it was a call and response set-up to decide on policy, straight from the little marxist handbook. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hoops said:

I like some of the things he tries to get going, i even went to the first meeting of the workers party or whatever he called it, but realised

1) I was the only worker there, and

Not convinced that's true - I know quite a lot of people in whatever it used to be called, it's the "Manx Progressive Party" now I think. Almost all of them work.

13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

So you're suggesting he should be 'cancelled'.  There's a lot of people on here who claim to be against that sort of thing and I'm sure they will all be along to attack you, otherwise they will be showing themselves up as dishonest hypocrites.

Yeah, it lacked class but that's it.

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Not convinced that's true - I know quite a lot of people in whatever it used to be called, it's the "Manx Progressive Party" now I think. Almost all of them work.

there's work, and there's work work

Not convinced there was ever "quite a lot of people" in it .😉

Edited by Hoops

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Sounds needlessly divisive...

it's called the division of labour, and the work work workers get less then the work workers, who are generally needless in anything other then the imposed reality we live in. It's the system, not me.

Talking of imposed realities, and back on topic, I may not be the biggest fan of the institution of the monarchy, but the Queen was an example in dignity and has been there my whole life, so I'm surprisingly affected by the news.

RIP

• Like 2

I really don’t get the depressing music on all the radio stations?  It doesn’t really bother me as I will fire Spotify up but there are people who use the radio as company who might be feeling down anyway.

We certainly have one housebound neighbour who is stuck at home alone and likely to be feeling down anyway.  She relies on Alexa and the radio for company and to keep her sprits up.

Needless to say I will be calling round there later.

I honestly don’t understand the imposed miserableness and cancellations of events.  The last night of the proms (UK, not sure about locally) has been cancelled tomorrow.  Surely that was a great opportunity for those who felt inclined to get together at the event, on the radio and on TV to celebrate her life?

At least Chris Martin will be happy and watching his bank account bulge as every radio station plays Coldplay all weekend

11 hours ago, Roxanne said:

That Churchill book will be open right now.  DA franticly searching for an appropriate quote. His pointing finger moving slowly across the page, following the words.

I expect him to say that he always said that the Queen would die one day, and he has never shied away from that fact.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Gladys said:

It is really odd how the TV channels are handling it.  UKTV is not showing commercials, BBC1 and 2 is wall to wall and BBC4 is not transmitting.  Channel 4 has a banner along the bottom of the screen that there is important news. 

Channel 4 not showing the usual American comedies this morning and instead showing Brits In The Sun. No idea why 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, KERED said:

I expect him to say that he always said that the Queen would die one day, and he has never shied away from that fact.

To be fair to him, his post on FB was very respectful and I thought appropriate, although he couldn't resist making reference to Churchill.