Lord of Mann

0bserver

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

To be fair to him, his post on FB was very respectful and I thought appropriate, although he couldn't resist making reference to Churchill. 

You would think that there would be some kind of protocol to stop MHK's  posting on social media about the Queens death, really just to stop all the negitive comments that it will attract.

Edited by Holte End

21 minutes ago, Holte End said:

You would think that there would be some kind of protocol to stop MHK's  posting on social media about the Queens death, really just to stop all the negitive comments that it will attract.

It’s a shame that some can’t be as vocal about the cost of living crisis on FB as they are lamenting the death of a multi millionaire head of state. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

So you're suggesting he should be 'cancelled'.  There's a lot of people on here who claim to be against that sort of thing and I'm sure they will all be along to attack you, otherwise they will be showing themselves up as dishonest hypocrites.

Not suggesting he should be cancelled. Just that he should think about what he posts. His friends called him out, he deleted it. If it was something he wanted to stand by, why would he have deleted it? Did you think it was something appropriate for a person in public office to say? What if it had been an MHK, MP, senior civil servant? As I've said earlier, I'd say a lot of employers would have taken a pretty dim view of what was said.

3 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Not suggesting he should be cancelled. Just that he should think about what he posts. His friends called him out, he deleted it. If it was something he wanted to stand by, why would he have deleted it? Did you think it was something appropriate for a person in public office to say? What if it had been an MHK, MP, senior civil servant? As I've said earlier, I'd say a lot of employers would have taken a pretty dim view of what was said.

There’s no need to defend yourself. He’s the sort of pointless wailing wally who is happy to play a role in other people being cancelled for his various causes. If he’s been cancelled this time then it’s a fair trade. He posts so much nastiness and general badly constructed inflammatory nonsense on social media I’m surprised the town hall hasn’t pulled him up. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hoops said:

it's called the division of labour, and the work work workers get less then the work workers, who are generally needless in anything other then the imposed reality we live in. It's the system, not me.

Talking of imposed realities, and back on topic, I may not be the biggest fan of the institution of the monarchy, but the Queen was an example in dignity and has been there my whole life, so I'm surprisingly affected by the news.

RIP

Dividing workers up like that seems like a good way to stop them gaining any power. You sure you're not part of the bourgeoisie?

18 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

He’s the sort of pointless wailing wally who is happy to play a role in other people being cancelled for his various causes. If he’s been cancelled this time then it’s a fair trade.

Who has he played a part in cancelling?