Lord of Mann

0bserver

If she does croak imminently it will not be good for the UK's fucked factor. 

Globally she is a linchpin and figurehead for the UK, if she goes so soon after the PM turmoil and bearing in mind the current crisis clusterfuck it won't be good.  Realistically it would probably be fine, but markets often aren't driven by reality, but perception and the appearance of stability. 

Proudly a Royalist, she's probably the Greatest and most important Briton of the last 50 years.  Even Trump, a man not known for his respect was cowed by her. 

Hoping for a speedy recovery Ma'am. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I’m just thinking back to Diana. I was driving all day and every radio station covered the funeral with long pundit sessions before and after. Was in a hire car and it didn’t have a tape or CD player.

On her funeral day we were driving down the M6 to tye the Channel ports.  Haven't seen the motorway so quiet. A brilliant drive.

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:
8 minutes ago, NoTail said:

On her funeral day we were driving down the M6 to tye the Channel ports.  Haven't seen the motorway so quiet. A brilliant drive.

We were driving up the M1 (I think)  the day before and all the bridges were being cleaned of graffiti.  

On her funeral day, I was working in Nobles - I seem to remember volunteering to cover because so many people wanted to watch it on the telly.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm not by any means a Royalist but her conduct in her reign has been exemplary, particularly given some of what her own family have generated that has had to be dealt with.

It's a great pity that they and some of the politicos couldn't follow her example.

Nice one NB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m just thinking back to Diana. I was driving all day and every radio station covered the funeral with long pundit sessions before and after. Was in a hire car and it didn’t have a tape or CD player.

I remember the Sunday morning it was announced - I was up at the old Sound cafe with a friend helping put in a new new gas pipe. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Given the Palace's usual radio silence on things like this I think the likelihood is she went around lunch time and they're waiting for the family to all be assembled to say it.

Hope not, because she is a person after all. Just not my favourite one.

she thought highly of you too...

• Like 1

Cracking story

I am not a fan of the Royals but wouldn’t wish a bereavement on anybody.  Especially if you then had to live out your grief in the public eye and attend a huge state funeral.

However I do have a serious question.  “If” the worst were to happen what happens re National mourning etc?  Surely they won’t just expect things to close down (I have loads of work booked in and could well do without having to move things about).  It’s always been a joke that when she does we will get some days off but I assume that is antiquated and wouldn’t happen now.

Regardless, I wish her and the family well in exactly the same way I would anyone going through the same.

• Like 1