Lord of Mann

0bserver

48 minutes ago, Bandits said:

OMG that man is the most self deluded people in government. I’m sure the Royal Family will be eternally grateful that he cut his holiday short to come back to the IOM. They couldn’t possibly have had any peace of mind without some third rate oaf from Onchan attending some local gathering.

One man cannot be a "people" no matter how much shite he posts...

1 hour ago, Banker said:

The Government & Palace say no need to cancel sporting events, shut venues etc so what happens, football, golf, cricket etc cancelled. Lots of people including many locals have/are traveling to these events & won’t get travel/hotel expenses back , absolutely OTT reaction. Could understand on day of funeral but not today 

I think it's to do with the malign influence of the London press, who in these circumstances love to attack others  for being 'disrespectful' or 'unpatriotic' or 'offending the British people' or whatever nonsense they come up with.  You only have to look back to the deaths of Di or the Queen Mum to see how they work, dictating how everyone and every institution should behave, grieve, wear, and say; what they should do and where they should go.  Even those (especially those) who are genuinely upset will be told that they are wrong and have to do what their media masters dictate. 

Naturally such rules will be arbitrary, inconsistent, contradictory and never apply to those laying them down.  And will mainly be used to attack those they dislike or who stand up to them or are rivals in some way.  But those who rely on the media for publicity, coverage etc (such as sports) will be hyper-sensitive to being the targets for such attacks and will tend to over-react and take actions to avoid any possibility of them being monstered.  Even waiting for official advice could be denounced.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I assumed you were joking.

You're not joking..

Rob States "This particular cruise was originally booked back in 2020, but it has been cancelled several times and the schedule has been changed along the way, including the cancellation of the originally scheduled visit to St Petersburg, Russia"

Me thinks he forgets we were in lock down due to covid and nobody could travel in 2020.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

The Government & Palace say no need to cancel sporting events, shut venues etc so what happens, football, golf, cricket etc cancelled. Lots of people including many locals have/are traveling to these events & won’t get travel/hotel expenses back , absolutely OTT reaction. Could understand on day of funeral but not today 

Wentworth on. Cricket on. Rugby league and union on. 

Makes the decision to cancel all football down to frass roots even more bizarre.

Edited by snowman
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Naturally such rules will be arbitrary, inconsistent, contradictory and never apply to those laying them down.  And will mainly be used to attack those they dislike or who stand up to them or are rivals in some way. 

Now where and when have we seen that before ......?

7 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Rob States "This particular cruise was originally booked back in 2020, but it has been cancelled several times and the schedule has been changed along the way, including the cancellation of the originally scheduled visit to St Petersburg, Russia"

Me thinks he forgets we were in lock down due to covid and nobody could travel in 2020.

What a pillock.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Add to that who cares when he booked it or where it has or hasn’t gone. The same as his mention of his numerous MS Teams meetings from the ship. It’s not relevant to anything and just makes him look like an absolute tosser. It’s not like he’s Joe Biden going on holiday with the nuclear suitcase in his boot. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

That wasn’t until around April. I had a two month holiday before lockdown. It’s entirely possible he booked it in the first quarter of 2020

March was the first lockdown.  Covid was first detected in Europe on the 1st Feb 2020.  So he must book it in January 2020. 

9 hours ago, HeliX said:

Dividing workers up like that seems like a good way to stop them gaining any power. You sure you're not part of the bourgeoisie?

I've checked my bank balance, and no, I'm not. I'm in the proletariat posse, I'm a ragged trousered philanthropist, even.

Alas.

• Haha 1