13 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Might be a role for a retiring first deemster 

Erm.....no.

(No

Fuck

In

Way)

13 hours ago, Gladys said:

But how will that work even if T W Cain, who is likely elsewhere?

He certainly is. He's brown bread.

eta our Thomas was one of the better ones

So, what’s the correct regnal adjective (if that’s the right term) going to be for our new King? Edwardian, Georgian, Victorian etc all sound right. But Charlian? Charlesian? Charlsan? None of them sound right to me. 

And when it’s Will’s turn it’s even worse.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wrighty said:

So, what’s the correct regnal adjective (if that’s the right term) going to be for our new King? Edwardian, Georgian, Victorian etc all sound right. But Charlian? Charlesian? Charlsan? None of them sound right to me. 

And when it’s Will’s turn it’s even worse.

Carolingian or Charles the Third. William will just be William William the Fifth.  That’s how they dealt with predecessors with the same names.

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Hasn't he just had 8 weeks off?

I don't know what he's like as a consistency mhk, but he appears to have done nothing in Tynwald.

His fellow former hospital radio DJ is no different, despite spending years being local journalists they both claim to need a few years to bed in and understand the system. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

This latest guff is less about virtue signalling (although it's still there) and more about everyone covering their back in case they get piled on.

I bloody hate social media.

It's not social media that they're afraid of, but the conventional ones, especially the London papers.

27 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I'm surprised no-one has left a posey there yet. Or a hand-written note.

Now, now!  We've been told exactly how flowers should be left, in a suitably awkward place for everyone to get to.  We don't want any genuine expressions of grief or respect.

The whole thing has a complete air of unreality.  It's emphasised just how much the politicians and media in Britain (and to some extent here) seem to exist in a separate bubble from the rest of us.  It's felt like this for most of this year and before.  Real-world crisis follows real-world crisis and gets ignored for the rituals of a politico-media elite who think they won't affect them, except as a chance to make more money.

(I suspect the Royals are almost as bemused as the rest of us).

• Like 3