Lord of Mann

0bserver

Was it our elected politicians who were delivering us a liege Lord at Government House along with the Governor just now?

Sir John - who appears to be developing a little bit of a Manx accent - was just doing his job of course, but if it was our elected MHKs doing the rest of it then they were really going beyond the call of representative duty to their constituents

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Saw it with my own eyes.

I guessed that in this day and age if they just had a cord tied off and easily accessible that the yokels can’t be trusted not to mess with it

Yeah, killjoys making it harder to get a flag to paint my teams name on these days 😉

46 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

No doubt to be repeated today when they have to be returned to half mast for the rest of the week.

Is this really true?  Even by DBC standards, needing to raise and lower flags that way seems not just bizarre and a characteristically expensive and slow way of doing something cheap and fast, it also goes against the whole ritual of raising and lowering flags.

Perhaps @Amadeus could investigate (he's probably got remote cameras trained on every inch of the Prom anyway).

I’m off island. I’ll ask when I’m back. crowds here are insane. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

They raised them late afternoon.  Apparently each flag needs a couple of guys and a cherry picker these days so it took them hours.

A massive waste of time and effort

Working off ladders seems to be frowned upon now by elf and safety and every job now needs at least two people

32 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Was it our elected politicians who were delivering us a liege Lord at Government House along with the Governor just now?

Sir John - who appears to be developing a little bit of a Manx accent - was just doing his job of course, but if it was our elected MHKs doing the rest of it then they were really going beyond the call of representative duty to their constituents

I saw it briefly, Skelly in his stupid outfit with Cannan on the steps behind Lorimer.