Lord of Mann

0bserver

44 minutes ago, Banker said:

They could have waited a week before threatening more action, total lack of respect 

Please understand teachers are not yet over their six weeks holiday, they need a little more time off to recover. I mean we all know how hard it is to take a week or two off, then get back into our stride at work, think how long it would take you to get into the right frame of mind after six weeks off.

I mean teachers work harder than anybody else, Geraldine O'Neill says so. After listening to the interview, I cried alittle for the teachers, I felt so bad for them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Please understand teachers are not yet over their six weeks holiday, they need a little more time off to recover. I mean we all know how hard it is to take a week or two off, then get back into our stride at work, think how long it would take you to get into the right frame of mind after six weeks off.

I mean teachers work harder than anybody else, Geraldine O'Neill says so. After listening to the interview, I cried alittle for the teachers, I felt so bad for them.

The interview was recorded before the Queen died.  They have a point though, the whole funding model needs looking at to attract teachers, doctors, nurses and other essential workers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Good to see the teachers aren’t taking any notice of what other unions are doing during national mourning & continuing their selfish actions 😩

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/teaching-union-potentially-considering-strike-action/

Someone could replace you with a bot that posts "blah blah blah teachers" every 2nd day and nobody would notice the difference.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Fair enough.  I thinks it’s odd and you don’t.

People are different I guess and I have to admit it’s not just you, there are thousands gawping at other people grief though their phone or camera lens.

It isn’t once in a time for you or I though assuming we manage another 20 years. The new one is well old and we will probably have to endure all this nonsense again in the next 20 years or less

So you keep telling us.