Lord of Mann

0bserver

5 minutes ago, AOR said:

But aye, it's so much easier to just  ignore such matters and get on with our normality after a day or two of mourning as we did with our own grannie.

Oh come on anyone who gets that bent out of shape about a food exhibition still running is just a muppet. She can shove her chocolate where the sun don’t shine. I hadn’t heard of her business before and now I have heard of it I wouldn’t buy anything from such a jibbering simpering virtue signing idiot anyway. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I'm also a chocolatier, these days I only do it for friends and family. . It's a fine art and one that deserves time and respect. The tempering alone is a work of alchemy and every time I make a batch I feel as though I've been allowed to take part in something very special.

And then there's Choccy Piccy. Each to their own though I guess. 

What you’re doing is ‘artisan’ even if it’s for friends and family. From what I can see from the shop in Strand Street, it’s a glorified hot chocolate bar - hardly artisan. I’m sure you do a very good job, taking pride in your creations. 

On another note, I saw on Facebook today which I don’t know weather true, a wind up? Or a publicity stunt Davison’s Ice Cream withdrawing a competition for the Food Festival. I understand that there is live music stage in the gardens, with act’s throughout the day - hardly in keeping though considering IOMG is supposed to be in ‘mourning’. 

Edited by 2112

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Oh come on anyone who gets that bent out of shape about a food exhibition still running is just a muppet. She can shove her chocolate where the sun don’t shine. I hadn’t heard of her business before and now I have heard of it I wouldn’t buy anything from such a jibbering simpering virtue signing idiot anyway. 

Sadly it won’t just be one, there are bound to be others, buoyed by confidence as one stuck their necks out to criticise and pull out. 

5 hours ago, Banker said:

Hope IOMG are recompensed, and aren’t doing it for nothing. 

A down side, is the potential for local scrotes to cause mayhem, in pubs, clubs and takeaways, or local villains out to breaking and entering, stealing in the knowledge that there will be less police around.

9 hours ago, Declan said:

No the TT would find some picture of the deceased Royal posing on a bike at a factory and carry on saying "it's what he would have wanted". Then a group of bikers would hold ride out around the course in his memory and another lot would gather in Laxey and rev their engines in "respect".

Frighteningly accurate…

Edited by Passing Time