Lord of Mann

0bserver

44 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes doesn’t bode well for the UK. She meets Liz Truss one day and she’s gone the next. 

That is a massive pillar of what was left of international respect for Britain gone IMHO. Internationally, countries held her in huge esteem, that carried through to the country itself. It will be most unlikely to be replaced.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

That is a massive pillar of what was left of international respect for Britain gone IMHO. Internationally, countries held her in huge esteem, that carried through to the country itself. It will be most unlikely to be replaced.

Totally agree she’s a great loss to the UKs reputation and image - we’ve now got a complete buffoon called King Charles and an incompetent Prime Minister like Liz Truss to represent Britain on the global stage. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

The BBC coverage is awful, ITV little better. C4 is bearable, but I'm surprised there is coverage at all. I expected a picture of the queen "RIP HRH QEII 26-22" and some sad music for several days.

The American coverage is interesting, watching the feeling from over there is much more interesting than watching the BBC etc.

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

3E210EDF-50BA-4708-8750-13584805D78E.jpeg

That’s mad.

If I lived on my own and was upset by this then the pub would have probably been my go to to share the moment with others and have a bit of company.

Turfing people out is madness, and what does it achieve?

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 1

Just now, Roxanne said:

I'm never going to be able to hear 'King Charles' without hearing the word 'Spaniel' after it.

Maybe that's just me.

"Spaniel" is not the word that pops into my head. Propriety prevents me from clarifying further, but it starts with a "c" and has an "n" and a "t" too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1