Ridiculous marks of “respect”

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Weird that.  Considering they are volunteers. 

The master of the obvious....

Had a quick look to see if there was any proper training available. Apparently not.

Which begs the question who trains up the Track Marshalls?

On the Beeb yesterday there were two old dears who had both bought a pinch of Hubbie's ashes to Westminster Hall.

What are they thinking of?

48 minutes ago, P.K. said:

On the Beeb yesterday there were two old dears who had both bought a pinch of Hubbie's ashes to Westminster Hall.

What are they thinking of?

I think it's a bit pointless expecting people to react rationally when you are considering things such as mourning - and this must be as much about mourning for their husbands and remembering their life together as respecting the Queen.

(I'm surprised they got them past security mind).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Phantom said:

The Queue is a triumph of Britishness.  The motherlode of queues. The best and biggest queue of all time?  It's art, it's poetry.

If you wanted to queue jump though I’m sure a couple of swarthy looking gentlemen with big back packs on could clear a few miles of queue easily enough. 

Just now, Wavey Davey said:

If you wanted to queue jump though I’m sure a couple of swarthy looking gentlemen with big back packs on could clear a few miles of queue easily enough. 

Do you have to really try to think up crass shit like this, or does it come naturally? 

2 hours ago, The Old Git said:

34346361-2B3B-43A7-9574-5C73FBEB3B38.jpeg

I saw that when it first aired. The girl's expression are priceless, as she looks at the interviewer. Torn between loyalty to her somewhat dotty relatives and then as a reasonable observer's view of what they are actually saying.

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

If they didn't. they would have got roasted on social media.  Big brother is watching. The Queen, not so much.

You're not wrong. But I would bet that those same people will be fuming when their rates bills go up 20% next year to accommodate paying for stuff like that. 

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 1