Ridiculous marks of “respect”

Newsdesk

22 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

You don’t appear to have thought that question through…

It's not exactly the funeral time that could be an issue ..They seem very stretched and any change in schedule seems to have significant knock on effects for the rest of the day.  Hope they have some back up plan 😞

On 9/15/2022 at 2:07 PM, The Phantom said:

Or would Wester countries better use the money set aside for carbon neutral plans for re-arming, in light of China and Russias recent antics?

I don't see how that would be sensible in any way.  The world is heading towards climate disaster and that has accelerated because of this war and because of how Europe and the US have dealt with it. 

Lovely fall out from Fridays Tynpotwald Hill escapade, with much criticism from posters to IOMNP. Relating in particular to the photograph of all the MHKS and MLCS, and associated hangers on. The photograph in all honesty wasn’t appropriate for an occasion that was supposed to be a solemn yet ceremonial event. Another point from the Tynpotwald group piccy, is some of our elected finest (and I say that loosely) have fixed grins (like a meerkat). Can they not realise the ‘solemnity’ of the occasion? 

4 hours ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

I don't see how that would be sensible in any way.  The world is heading towards climate disaster and that has accelerated because of this war and because of how Europe and the US have dealt with it. 

Nuclear armageddon would at least stop a climate disaster .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mad_manx said:

It's not exactly the funeral time that could be an issue ..They seem very stretched and any change in schedule seems to have significant knock on effects for the rest of the day.  Hope they have some back up plan 😞

There official line to the papers is 

Loganair has announced it will ensure they have no scheduled flights during the funeral, they said: ‘This is to allow our staff the option of being able to watch the state funeral and for Loganair as a team to demonstrate our deep respect to Her Majesty.

In all honestly who the fuck will actually be watching the funeral. Frankly it’s idiotic for an airline not to fly. 

6 hours ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

Not saying I agree with it, but can certainly see the argument if countries needed to cut some spending somewhere in order to afford extra defence spending. 

Not much point being green in a nuclear wasteland where we're all speaking Chinese 😉