Ridiculous marks of “respect”

Newsdesk

46 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

You’re the type of person people walk out of pubs just to avoid your boring drone…

Excuse me but I'm an inspirational speaker!

Hopefully now you understand why Queenie was most unimpressed with Thatcher. Especially the way she polarised the fiefdom Queenie worked so hard to keep united.

ETA @Passing Time

Edited by P.K.

14 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

But your grasp of global economics is flimsier than my own - this inflation and (dare I say the word) recession is absolutely NOT the fault of our government but as a result of outside forces - not least (IMO) this headlong rush to net zero and bugger the consequences. 

That is actually a bit controversial. Milton Friedman said, “Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon..." .    Some prices increases are exogenous (ie external) but in the conventional theory the extra money needed to pay for the increased costs (in this case fuel and some food) will result in a reduced demand for other goods so that other prices will fall. A general increase in prices can only happen if the Government increases the money supply (to fund expenditure) by more than economic growth. 

I am not able to say if Milton F was correct but his argument does mean that there is at least a defensible view that the current inflation is the result of government decisions. I did not say fault because they may have been doing the right thing and inflation may be the collateral damage. 

The real world is more complex than simple theories and the increased money supply may have originally pumped up asset prices and only latterly "leaked" into conventional RPI basket-of-goods prices.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

306923441_1021667098502904_7150360539874

It's more likely to be down to this fate worse than death:

Queen Elizabeth II's corgis are going to live with her son Prince Andrew and his ex-wife, the BBC has confirmed.

The Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York will take on Muick and Sandy - two young corgis that the prince and his daughters gave the Queen as a present in 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62870783

15 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It's more likely to be down to this fate worse than death:

Queen Elizabeth II's corgis are going to live with her son Prince Andrew and his ex-wife, the BBC has confirmed.

The Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York will take on Muick and Sandy - two young corgis that the prince and his daughters gave the Queen as a present in 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62870783

will he be grooming them?

• Haha 10

15 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Clearly English isn't your first language, so well done for making SOME sense. But your grasp of global economics is flimsier than my own - this inflation and (dare I say the word) recession is absolutely NOT the fault of our government but as a result of outside forces - not least (IMO) this headlong rush to net zero and bugger the consequences. 

Its has fuck all to do with Net Zero yer idiot, Brexit weakened the european alliance and Putin has taken advantage of the post covid economic crisis,  he has weaponised hydrocarbon supply as a means of economic warfare which is exactly the consequence of over reliance on fossil fuels and bugger the consequences attitude.

• Like 1