Ridiculous marks of “respect”

Newsdesk

6 hours ago, Gladys said:

They are expecting it could reach 10 miles and have put a limit to it at that point, wherever that is.  Not sure how you end a queue other than telling people to go away. 

No other nation could manage a queue like this - only in Britain.

I think they’re giving wristbands to those who join which are numbered, and allow people to leave for a bit, and stop foreigners pushing in (like you always get at Spanish theme parks for example)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Declan said:

Judging from Manxfisherman’s link. They’re queuing from about Borough Market along the Southbank to Lambeth Bridge then crossing over and doubling back to Westminster Abbey?

Ha ha, Millwall v QPR last night, Rangers tend to drink round Borough Market and then head down for the match, and Millwall dicks tend to look for them round there. I envision a lot of 'wall youths getting smacked round the heads with brolly's and handbags by upset and irate middle-class mourners!

Edit - the minute's silence before the game was impeccably observed though.

Edited by Hoops

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Out of respect to the Queen, Nobles have cancelled my appointment on Monday. It seemed easier than moving the funeral.

Decisions to cancel have been made on a clinic by clinic basis. Emergency work continues as it always does, and they’ve tried to keep scheduled operations, particularly urgent ones, running. 

• Like 1