Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

24 minutes ago, Banker said:

After I’ve just had 7.6% backed a year + 2 days extra holidays & if I don’t get more your kids will suffer!!!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/union-action-could-see-schools-closed-to-certain-year-groups/

That's not really a genuine description of the situation though, is it Banker.

Pay rises ranged from 1 to 7.6% across all salary ranges. The Scots are striking over 5%.

The Manx are simply working to their contract, goes to show how much extra they do that goes unpaid. Either change their contracts or change their pay - a simple solution to a problem DESC have known about since 2019.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Listen guys, I know I said this during the pandemic, but I'll say it again.

I literally prayed, aye, hands together and kneeling by my bed, for this to happen when I was at school.

Oh, Dear God, I love you, but you are half a century too late with this one. 

Edited by AOR
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

That's not really a genuine description of the situation though, is it Banker.

Pay rises ranged from 1 to 7.6% across all salary ranges. The Scots are striking over 5%.

The Manx are simply working to their contract, goes to show how much extra they do that goes unpaid. Either change their contracts or change their pay - a simple solution to a problem DESC have known about since 2019.

Full link via IOMG to what they’ve had & more pay due this year, imagine if really hard pressed workers like nurses said we’re not treating your kids!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/union-action-could-see-schools-closed-to-certain-year-groups/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banker said:

After I’ve just had 7.6% backed a year + 2 days extra holidays & if I don’t get more your kids will suffer!!!

Wrong again net curtain twitcher, the 2022 IoM deal was to include the London Fringe weighting, +2.8%, plus an additional 1% IoM cost of living weighting, making c3.9% for the overwhelming majority as most teaching staff are at the top of the scale.    The article you have further referred to below quotes “from 2%”, you appear to have conveniently missed that bit.  You are correct in that payment was backdated but RPI inflation Sept 2020to Sept 2021 was 5.4%, so a 1.5% real terms pay cut.  The most recent Inflation Report (Aug 2022) suggests RPI of 12.2%, so as it stands a two year real terms pay cut of 13.7%.  CPI may be a little less, but not much.

IoM Inflation Report, Aug 2022

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

Full link via IOMG to what they’ve had & more pay due this year, imagine if really hard pressed workers like nurses said we’re not treating your kids!

Have any teachers withdrawn their labour or are they simply removing goodwill?  You also have a beef with yesterday’s Bank Holiday, are you suggesting schools should have remained open on the day the nation buried the monarch?

Edited by Meoir Shee
Date change
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Self entitled, spoon fed, jumped-up, spoilt, clueless, I want everything now teachers these days.

When I was at school, new teachers rented houses in groups, walked or bussed to work and wore then same suits for days.

Now, straight out of collage they want to buy a house, have a car, holidays and new clothes.

Get with the real world teachers.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And not just that. After school clubs, weekend sports, the Guild, bus duty before and after school, concerts, plays, music events, church services etc., all covered by teachers out of hours. 

You forgot lesson prep and homework marking 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1