Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Is this a good start from Balla to set some boundaries and hopefully make teachers working days more palatable?

It seems like a good start to me and shows that not everything needs to be about more money.  If they want better working conditions it sounds like they have a new Headteacher who is prepared to try and improve their working day.

E1B185CA-35FD-4F08-A381-35B0D88CEEC3.jpeg

5B379E8F-561E-47BB-ADFD-9D3959224E0A.jpeg

FFS sounds like the greeting script for the Von Trapp family. Do they have to sing any songs as well? 

25 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Is this a good start from Balla to set some boundaries and hopefully make teachers working days more palatable?

It seems like a good start to me and shows that not everything needs to be about more money.  If they want better working conditions it sounds like they have a new Headteacher who is prepared to try and improve their working day.

Serious question but why are pupils described as "learners"? 

32 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Spoke with 3/4 parents with pupils at BHS during a meeting & they are well pissed off with teachers, apparently what many are doing is just setting some work online & saying contact me with any issues ie no teaching!!

However they are still getting paid full salaries for doing part of a job!!

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Spoke with 3/4 parents with pupils at BHS during a meeting & they are well pissed off with teachers, apparently what many are doing is just setting some work online & saying contact me with any issues ie no teaching!!

Not relevant to my post that you quoted, but, thanks for the update ? 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Absolutely what they are getting away is definitely not teaching.  There is no longer going on

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Sounds like when I was at school.  I really don’t seen the issue

Secondary schools are on a knife-edge with regards to behaviour.  Mr Corrin is obviously very concerned and his ideas can only be a good thing.  I think a lot of parents would agree with his sentiments. 

Edited by Willy Brennan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

it's a shame that those rules have to be published, surely it's just common decency 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

It has been posted over on the IOMNP on facebook and predictably there are people who have issues with it. from some of the comments it seems that kids with ADHD or anxiety should just be given a free pass to behave as they like and not even bother trying to teach them any respect or discipline. 

Complaints led by Bonzo who said it’s like a prison regime!

• Haha 1