Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

21 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

PS - you missed a couple of questions and I wouldn’t normally bother but you did hound me for days for some, so it only seems fair.

Your posts are often irrational and occasionally bizarre.  The last straw for me was your attack on a local primary school because they warned parents the paths were icy.  Your increasingly troll-like behaviour is unhealthy and you insist on being the loudest person in the room, leaving little room for healthy debate and discussion.  You constantly ignore or discredit facts and base the majority of your points upon unfounded assertion and anecdotes.  I’ve made the decision to cease replying directly to your posts, this will be the last said occasion.  Thankyou.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

45 minutes ago, Meoir Shee said:

Your posts are often irrational and occasionally bizarre.  The last straw for me was your attack on a local primary school because they warned parents the paths were icy.  Your increasingly troll-like behaviour is unhealthy and you insist on being the loudest person in the room, leaving little room for healthy debate and discussion.  You constantly ignore or discredit facts and base the majority of your points upon unfounded assertion and anecdotes.  I’ve made the decision to cease replying directly to your posts, this will be the last said occasion.  Thankyou.

Lol

They were valid questions and you must have asked me at least five or six times to answer a specific point you made the other week.

To me and probably others your refusal to answer them would suggest you are on the back door and I was right.

Anyway.  Here they are again.  Feel Free to ignore but I will assume that means you are sensibly resigned to not making any more progress towards the settlement you seem to want.

63F581B6-25E2-4014-A610-A9422B08C888.jpeg

On 12/18/2022 at 7:45 PM, Asthehills said:

We need to market the positions to those people more, I believe that is part of the plan for next year.

PS - you missed a couple of questions and I wouldn’t normally bother but you did hound me for days for some, so it only seems fair.

"The Isle of Man - There's not much to do, but we do it peacefully"

8 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Manx Radio reporting a decent drop in inflation last month.  Interesting

No, they're reporting that the inflation rate is decreasing. Prices are still climbing, just not as quickly.

People really need to understand how inflation works, and how inflation is compounded.

£1 of stuff last year costs £1.10 this year with a 10% inflation rate. Inflation drops to 2%, yay, so next year the stuff that cost £1 last year will "only" cost £1.12.

Prices only get cheaper if we have a negative inflation rate. I can't think of any time in history when we've had a prolonged period of negative inflation.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

No, they're reporting that the inflation rate is decreasing. Prices are still climbing, just not as quickly.

People really need to understand how inflation works, and how inflation is compounded.

£1 of stuff last year costs £1.10 this year with a 10% inflation rate. Inflation drops to 2%, yay, so next year the stuff (that cost £1 last year) will "only" cost £1.12.

Prices only get cheaper if we have a negative inflation rate. I can't think of any time in history when we've had a prolonged period of negative inflation.

The Great Depression was a period of sustained deflation, or negative inflation.

10 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

The Great Depression was a period of sustained deflation, or negative inflation.

True, having looked it was negative for four years from 1930 to 1934, with 1934 prices being about 5% lower than 1930 prices. There's been one year since- 2009- with deflation, and that was -0.5%.

4 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

True, having looked it was negative for four years from 1930 to 1934, with 1934 prices being about 5% lower than 1930 prices. There's been one year since- 2009- with deflation, and that was -0.5%.

I can’t see anything other than the selling price of many household goods (ie that contribute to CPI) crashing heavily in the New Year. I foresee some big chains crashing and not making it back 😟