Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

It was not older teachers that were on the picket line they were all young even the Labour Party supporters were young if a bit scruffy.   The professional teachers that have a good few years under their belts that I have spoken to are against the strike and think it is politically motivated.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

It was not older teachers that were on the picket line they were all young even the Labour Party supporters were young if a bit scruffy.   The professional teachers that have a good few years under their belts that I have spoken to are against the strike and think it is politically motivated.   

Interesting the Union involved have still not produced the numbers of actual teachers voting for action although it’s reportedly less than 200

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Most teachers with a few years under their belt are well paid and reasonably happy, as far as I can tell?

the problem appears to be that the pay scale of younger teachers seems to have been neglected?

This has opened up a crack for the unions to pry open further, they are fighting for their existence in many areas and industries. They need Union subs and there’s nothing like action to increase memberships!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Interesting anecdote, my own experience was the exact opposite, it was the older staff who were picketing, I would say the average was 45 ish, younger staff often feel they can’t afford to lose a day’s pay.

• Haha 2

Email from the school received at 1515 today. 

Following the meeting on Friday 6 January between NASUWT and the Department of Education, Sport & Culture, and the subsequent work which has continued since that meeting, the Department has been advised by NASUWT that tomorrow's strike action will be suspended. Therefore, all CRHS pupils will be expected to attend school as normal tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The professional teachers that have a good few years under their belts that I have spoken to are against the strike and think it is politically motivated

It depends. Those in leadership positions have a lot of spine points to cycle upwards through, and so the pressures are different for them, and they don't tend to be in the NASUWT anyway.

Those who are at the top of the standard scale are more disgruntled.