Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

11 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

It’s entitled to expect to be paid for the work you do? 

Imagine hiring a builder and telling them you’ll only pay them for some of the time they’re there. You’d get told to jog on in no uncertain terms. 

I am out.

I simply can’t comprehend a world where people even keep track of what hours they have worked in relation to what they should be paid!You just do your job and if you want a better one you apply for it.

I am still waiting for someone to explain why the scrounges are impacting our kids education when the department have very clearly explained the way forward.

I bet they won’t 

3 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I am out.

I simply can’t comprehend a world where people even keep track of what hours they have worked in relation to what they should be paid!You just do your job and if you want a better one you apply for it.

I am still waiting for someone to explain why the scrounges are impacting our kids education when the department have very clearly explained the way forward.

I bet they won’t 

I think you’ve just stumbled across the concept of a timesheet. Congratulations. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I am out.

Even my first boss, when I was a fresh faced graduate, would tell me there’s seldom anything worth staying beyond closing time for, and to go home and relax as work life balance is more important. Very rarely, that might have eked out an hour or two more for important deliverables. 

Maybe you’ve just had miserable bosses. 

• Like 1

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Even my first boss, when I was a fresh faced graduate, would tell me there’s seldom anything worth staying beyond closing time for, and to go home and relax as work life balance is more important. Very rarely, that might have eked out an hour or two more for important deliverables. 

Maybe you’ve just had miserable bosses. 

Genuine 

3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I think you’ve just stumbled across the concept of a timesheet. Congratulations. 

Honestly I would rather do unpaid hours than have to fill in a time sheet.

Isn’t that what new starters out of school who can’t be trusted do?

Do you actually account for your time?

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

Genuine 

Honestly I would rather do unpaid hours than have to fill in a time sheet.

Isn’t that what new starters out of school who can’t be trusted do?

Do you actually account for your time?

Accounting for your time has benefits. Doctors appointment in the morning? Take a shorter lunch.

Something desperately needs doing? You can have an early dart on Friday because you’ve got a couple hours on your side. 

In corporate speak, it’d be flexitime. 

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Accounting for your time has benefits. Doctors appointment in the morning? Take a shorter lunch.

Something desperately needs doing? You can have an early dart on Friday because you’ve got a couple hours on your side. 

In corporate speak, it’d be flexitime. 

If your employer makes you fill In a time sheet and doesn’t trust you then that is awful.  They are either an awful employer or you are an untrusted employee.

Just now, Asthehills said:

If your employer makes you fill In a time sheet and doesn’t trust you then that is awful.  They are either an awful employer or you are an untrusted employee.

With your clear corporate knowledge, you’d know that systems for time tracking are vital for tracking billable hours in a broad range of professions. 

Plus, time tracking as you describe would be entirely ineffective for untrusted employees, unless you’re picturing the modern day equivalent of punching in and out. But, I’m certain you’d know that too. 

25 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I am out.

I bet they won’t 

"If you want a better one you apply for it"

Can I have your six figure job please? Take this as my application.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

With your clear corporate knowledge, you’d know that systems for time tracking are vital for tracking billable hours in a broad range of professions. 

Plus, time tracking as you describe would be entirely ineffective for untrusted employees, unless you’re picturing the modern day equivalent of punching in and out. But, I’m certain you’d know that too. 

You kind of have a point .It depends where you work.

I did a bit of time in a legal firm and every minute had to be accounted for as it was potentially billable.

Other jobs it had been down to trust, so fair enough you have a point.

You still haven’t explained the benefit of the current action when the DESC have issued a statement though, and neither has anyone else

Edited by Asthehills