Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

Don't forget when public servants ask for a payrise they are also asking the private sector to generate more revenue to pay for it. But it sort-of remains unsaid.

It's certainly not nonsense when you take the argument to it's inevitable conclusion to wit:

Put a value on what all those in the public sector do...?

How about starting with members of Tynwald and nurses.

Show ALL working!

(Time to start juggling those monkeys...)

The whole point of public servants is that they are there to serve the public.  I am surprised at your views on this given your attitude towards the Conservative Party normally.

The public sector do a very difficult job administering the running of society.  Sure you can argue that parts could be privatised or part-privatised but that has hardly worked well when it comes to health services (see the USA), or the water industry, or the rail industry and it is even questionable in the energy industry.  

Education is probably one example where privatisation does work and delivers high standards but giving a child a private school education is unobtainable.  The teachers in these schools also earn considerably more than their public sector counterparts. 

Certain parts of the Private sector do very well and could easily afford to contribute more.  As has been referenced in this thread the UK Government is removing the cap on Bankers bonuses (currently set at 200% of salary).  Could you imagine being in a role where your bonus could exceed 200% of your salary?  Imagine how much money that business is generating and placing in the hands of a minority of people whilst there are other members of society having to go without food and heating just to try and survive financially.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I am out.

I simply can’t comprehend a world where people even keep track of what hours they have worked in relation to what they should be paid!You just do your job and if you want a better one you apply for it.

I am still waiting for someone to explain why the scrounges are impacting our kids education when the department have very clearly explained the way forward.

I bet they won’t 

On one hand you are ignorant of the commonplace workplace practice of... logging hours.

On the other you are so out of touch you simply claim "if you want a better job just get one".

Here's an easy paradigm shift for you. It is not the workers affecting children's education negatively due to working their contracts, it is the department.

4 minutes ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

On one hand you are ignorant of the commonplace workplace practice of... logging hours.

On the other you are so out of touch you simply claim "if you want a better job just get one".

Here's an easy paradigm shift for you. It is not the workers affecting children's education negatively due to working their contracts, it is the department.

So answer the question .

In response to the DESC statement yesterday, what is the pint of escalated action this week?

It is a simple question that nobody seems able to answer

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

GCSE’s (5 above c) and teachers who made little effort to do anything but accuse me of cheating when I found something I was interested in and did well at.

Ah so you're projecting your feelings onto the current generation of teachers.

I wonder if teachers should issue an official apology on behalf of all teachers for their treatment of you at the time. #asthehillslivesmatter

Just now, DrunkenMonkey said:

Ah so you're projecting your feelings onto the current generation of teachers.

I wonder if teachers should issue an official apology on behalf of all teachers for their treatment of you at the time. #asthehillslivesmatter

No.  Not projecting anything.  How do you come to that conclusion?

You asked me a question and I answered it.  Nothing more and nothing less

3 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

So why do it now when the department have given a proposed route out and not a year or six months ago?

Question remains unanswered 

Speculation because I have nothing to do with the teaching unions, but if this had already been voted on and actioned, strikes tend to work on momentum. Climbing down and then re-escalating is weaker.