Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

10 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

You earn 6 figures and can't spell 'there' ? Shows education doesn't matter.

To be fair. You actually have a point. 

Because although that was a predictive text fayle, I left school at 16 with very average grades because I wasn’t remotely interested in the subjects or the way they were presented to me.

43 minutes ago, Banker said:

You seem to know lots about teachers Union considering you are nothing to do with them , or should we call you Geraldine 😂

Yeah it's a massive conspiracy and I'm the head of the NASUWT. Alternatively I'm capable of using Google and reading things.

Still offering a 5k bet on me not being a teacher.

44 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Not according to the article you were using to figure out average wages last night.  More like 600, and their are two other unions active over here I think

https://taxpayersalliance.im/education-department-staff-numbers-have-increased-by-20-over-last-five-years-so-why-dont-we-have-enough-teachers-to-fully-operate-schools/#easy-footnote-2-1247

"In 2020/2021 (the most recent completed academic year) the number of staff actually employed by the DESC in the teacher / lecturer category remained precisely steady at 990."

12 minutes ago, HeliX said:

https://taxpayersalliance.im/education-department-staff-numbers-have-increased-by-20-over-last-five-years-so-why-dont-we-have-enough-teachers-to-fully-operate-schools/#easy-footnote-2-1247

"In 2020/2021 (the most recent completed academic year) the number of staff actually employed by the DESC in the teacher / lecturer category remained precisely steady at 990."

Ah.  So now we are including bank teachers and people who work at UCM

The percentage given is still pointless until we know how many actually cast a vote 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Ah.  So now we are including bank teachers and people who work at UCM

The percentage given is still pointless until we know how many actually cast a vote 

Because it's the same metric NASUWT use on their homepage when listing their number of members, yes. Perhaps I took liberties in assuming you wouldn't want me to compare apples to oranges!

16 hours ago, HeliX said:

They don't though, as the statistics I've provided you show. Still, your employer must be delighted at all the extra unpaid work you did to fatten their bank balance in your naivety.  

That's not a nice way to look at it, but sadly it is right, I have always gone the extra mile for my employer's, often staying late or coming in early, dragging myself into work when any normal person would stay home sick, pfft what's the point?

When my daughter was a teacher (she still is but has moved up to an amazing safeguarding/welfare role) she would spend her evening hours creating lessons, marking work (which included giving lengthy feed back) and dealing with parents, she wouldn't get finished until at least 9:30 every night. This work has paid off, hugely, her students got great marks in their GCSE's and she was top of humanities in the "some complicated grading system by where grade expected and grade achieved is allegorized". Some teachers work really hard. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

From a DESC press release - 

'The NASUWT represent just over half of the 850 teachers employed by the DESC, and our understanding is that whilst just over half voted, under half were in support of further action.'

So - give or take it's 100 teachers in support of an extra day or two off striking.