Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

1 minute ago, x-in-man said:

From a DESC press release - 

'The NASUWT represent just over half of the 850 teachers employed by the DESC, and our understanding is that whilst just over half voted, under half were in support of further action.'

So - give or take it's 100 teachers in support of an extra day or two off striking.

An English teacher clearly had no hand in that sentence, what a mess. I think it's probably over 200 based on that.

Over half the 850 teachers = at least 426

Just over half voted = at least 213

Under half were in support of further action = this must be under half of the total minimum of 426, as NASUWT said 92% of voters were in support of further action.

So a minimum of 196 of them voted for further action, being as generous as I can to the Government's "just over" and "just over" and "under".

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I pity the fool who goes walking while posting on an internet forum.

Who said I went walking?  Getting from one place to another and catching up on here.

Honestly, I would feel sorry for anyone who sat down and dedicated time to being on here.  Or something you do in between other things surely?

I now have visions of people sat at a desk with a cup of tea putting an hour aside for Manxforums 😂

Edited by Asthehills

21 minutes ago, HeliX said:

An English teacher clearly had no hand in that sentence, what a mess. I think it's probably over 200 based on that.

Over half the 850 teachers = at least 426

Just over half voted = at least 213

Under half were in support of further action = this must be under half of the total minimum of 426, as NASUWT said 92% of voters were in support of further action.

So a minimum of 196 of them voted for further action, being as generous as I can to the Government's "just over" and "just over" and "under".

Well. That gives us a much better idea than the Union who suggested over 90% of their membership had voted in favour with their own “creative” wording

Just now, Asthehills said:

Well. That gives us a much better idea than the Union who suggested over 90% of their membership had voted in favour with their own “creative” wording

Did they? They wrote "92% of those who voted". That doesn't seem to be an attempt to hide anything, but ymmv I guess.

Just now, Asthehills said:

Inless we know who voted (or will be a fairly small hardcore) then it’s useless info

Is it? It doesn't make any practical difference so far as I can tell - those who didn't vote don't affect the outcome regardless. I suppose it could potentially change the Govt's response to the situation, but I doubt it, given it's impacting the rest of the public now anyway.

17 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I lost here, I know what the government people have offered and it seems given. But what are the unions asking for which, I haven't seen their demands. Could somebody enlighten us please?

Inflation busting rise plus less work, less than 25% of registered teachers, c200 out of 850 total voted for further action.

Absolutely ridiculous and O’Neill Should  start talking with government instead of talking rubbish about massive support for action 

Edited by Banker

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Inflation busting rise plus less work, less than 25% of registered teachers, c200 out of 850 total voted for further action.

Absolutely ridiculous and O’Neill or is it Helix should start talking with government instead of talking rubbish about massive support for action 

But I haven't  seen what their demands are. So far it just been generalizations nothing concrete on what they want.

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

Absolutely ridiculous and O’Neill Should  start talking with government instead of talking rubbish about massive support for action 

There doesn’t seem to be that much support from parents so I’d dispute that. In fact most of the parents you speak to seem to feel let down by the way their kids have generally been dicked about in the last two years. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BriT said:

There doesn’t seem to be that much support from parents so I’d dispute that. In fact most of the parents you speak to seem to feel let down by the way their kids have generally been dicked about in the last two years. 

The Government is doing a great job of deflecting that ire towards teachers instead of towards the DESC, too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1