Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

4 hours ago, Wavey Davey said:

I can’t see many people supporting them to be honest. Just a vocal minority on here under a cloak of anonymity. Even the Facebook support is tepid and largely from teachers themselves. Almost everyone else who has kids at school seems to be pissed off with the way their kids have been taught in the last two years especially. 

I am not a teacher.  HeliX has offer a 5k bet that he isn't a teacher and there are plenty of others who have said they support the current action and aren't teachers.

The groups on Facebook are often a hive of right wing loons with very conservative politics who have been taught to hate the public sector over many years of Tory rule.

6 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I am not a teacher.  HeliX has offer a 5k bet that he isn't a teacher and there are plenty of others who have said they support the current action and aren't teachers.

The groups on Facebook are often a hive of right wing loons with very conservative politics who have been taught to hate the public sector over many years of Tory rule.

Yes everyone who disagrees with you is a right-wing loon, and all of the people who support you on here are definitely, definitely, not teachers 😂

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

See.  Now they are all at it.

Bow down to one lot and the whole civil service will end up wanting more.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/negotiations-to-continue-into-pay-and-working-conditions/

Where does it end?  What would this lot do if suddenly the private sector all started going on strike?

The solution here is for government to offer packages that help everyone with fuel bills, food for those who really need it, affordable accommodation etc.

It is NOT to allow certain groups to hold us to ransom and create an ever bigger disparity between different sectors and expect the rest of us to pay for their pay rises.

They seem to forget that even any sort of annual rise is relatively rare in the real world and certainly not a given.

Alternatively they could try and find a better job with better pay and benefits in the private sector.

They’ve turned down 4% plus days f course they all have index linked pension & plenty of sick days!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Yes everyone who disagrees with you is a right-wing loon, and all of the people who support you on here are definitely, definitely, not teachers 😂

Clearly a load of nonsense.   P.K. disagrees with me on this subject and he is not a right wing loon.

I will do my best impression of a teacher...

"D- Must do better."

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Balla on the other hand can’t my son is going to be back 1 extra day so still working from home two more days this week and two days next week.  Employers won’t be happy

Why is it an issue for employers of secondary school kids (and I don’t think year 7 are involved) are at home for a day?

Unless there are additional needs, in which case I sympathise I don’t get how people are using the need for them to be at home against the teachers?

Just now, Asthehills said:

Why is it an issue for employers of secondary school kids (and I don’t think year 7 are involved) are at home for a day?

Unless there are additional needs, in which case I sympathise I don’t get how people are using the need for them to be at home against the teachers?

Are you happy for a 12 year old to be left at home all day on there own and expect them to do school work which they need help and explanations about?

16 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Law doesn't set a limit, but it's your fault if something happens to them.

That seems to be it.  This advice from the Children's Centre says:

It is not illegal to leave your children home alone and there is no legal minimum age. However, it is illegal to leave them at home unattended if it puts them at risk, which leads to some confusion.

[...]  It's important to remember that a baby or young child should never be left alone, not even for a few minutes, whether they're asleep or awake, stresses Westerman. "Children under the age of 12 are rarely mature enough to cope in an emergency and should not be left at home alone for a long period."

So with a 12-year old prosecution might well happen after any sort of incident.