Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

From people I know, 10% earlier this year wasn’t unusual for their annual pay review, their employers were keen to get it locked in as they anticipated it getting worse rather than better. 

Just to be clear, I also know people who got 10 percent or more in their annual pay review.

They are  people who have excelled and taken on more responsibility.  Not just people who are still doing the same as they did last year and expecting a wedge more.

• Like 2

It’s the Daily Hate but it positions the issues nicely. A local council kicks out funding subsidized school meals to help struggling families but uses the money saved to vote for their own expenses rise instead.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11259343/Council-free-school-meals-expenses.html

Edited by offshoremanxman
Expenses

20 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

What a quiet thread when all the hardworking teachers are busy doing nice weekend things.

I fully expect it to ramp up again tomorrow when they are sitting at work trying to fill their time.

So not only do you spend a lot of your working time on here whinging about teachers, even on a Sunday when you should probably be spending time with your family you're thinking about people who you perceive to be teachers' internet habits?

Have you tried counselling?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

You post here as quickly and as frequently as anyone else which suggests you too have time to spare during the normal working day.

And?  

I am not bleating about being busy and needing a pay rise.

I can quite happily do my job with an extra browser window open that I flick back to every now and then.  I am not teaching people’s kids and claiming to be so overworked that I need a pay rise.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

So not only do you spend a lot of your working time on here whinging about teachers, even on a Sunday when you should probably be spending time with your family you're thinking about people who you perceive to be teachers' internet habits?

Have you tried counselling?

I have been working most of the day - in the real world 

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

And?  

I am not bleating about being busy and needing a pay rise.

I can quite happily do my job with an extra browser window open that I flick back to every now and then.  I am not teaching people’s kids and claiming to be so overworked that I need a pay rise.

Who are the teachers on MF posting during class time?