Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

No.

It means i think teachers are work-shy spongers if they genuinely believe they are entitled to a pay rise in the current climate.

Many folks could swap jobs for a significant pay rise in the current climate.

It’d be a tad problematic for all the kids if all the teachers buggered off though. 

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Or maybe it’s just taking pride in the job you do, and getting it done without moaning about hours and responsibilities?

As an outsider it doesn’t seem like pride  is in many teachers vocab.  They are more bothered about hours worked and pounds paid 

It must be nice from an ivory tower of 6 figures to be punching down on teachers on a fraction of the salary. 

Maybe you’re a civil servant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

No.

It means i think teachers are work-shy spongers if they genuinely believe they are entitled to a pay rise in the current climate.

Perhaps if you spent less time on here you could cut the amount of hours you "work" down to something more reasonable? 

• Like 2

That Ramseyboi, he was the same. Worked all hours, successful businessman, massive circle of friends (some in high places), on top of all the gossip, constantly espousing on this, that or the other, self-opinionated expert-on-everything yet still had time to haunt this forum morning, noon and night. I don't know how they do it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Perhaps if you spent less time on here you could cut the amount of hours you "work" down to something more reasonable? 

So says the teacher supporter who ceaselessly argues about how busy teachers are who also seems to post on here 24/7 including a lot during core work time 😂

Edited by Wavey Davey
  • Haha 2

It's hard to believe that someone, such as Asthehills, has the business career that he claims when he posts in many threads in manner that he does?

People who are successful in their work tend to take a more laissee faire attitude to life and those around them and certainly would not be troubled by a foreign accent?

As JR would say, '' I didn't get where I am today by being disliked by everyone, even my 'friends' on Manx Forums ''.!

PS. Add Wavey Davey to my thoughts above!!!

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1