Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

Details of the excellent offer, the Union announced a strike without a new ballot!!

https://gef.im/2022/11/03/six-days-of-strikes-planned-as-union-blames-gov/

Breaking news!  Notorious teacher hater suggests local branch of UK wide Trade Union, affiliated to the TUC and with a considerable legal department calls strike without a ballot despite his own quoted post clearly stating “The strikes have been called after NASUWT members overwhelmingly (74% of respondents) rejected the government’s latest revised pay offer” and “In September it said that 82% of its members who voted in a ballot at the time had supported strike action.”

🤡

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Now work out the hours a nurse works through the year, and apply a factor for unsociable hours.

The teachers (this one particular Union) need a serious head wobble

I don’t think nurses or anyone else gets 13 weeks holidays plus 1.5 hours for lunch break 

12 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Now work out the hours a nurse works through the year, and apply a factor for unsociable hours.

The teachers (this one particular Union) need a serious head wobble

But the former health minister himself accepted that 24% of nursing posts were unfilled as recently as July, suggesting they are chronically underpaid as the supply of labour is significantly below the demand for said labour at the prevailing wage rate.  The current minister may believe this isn’t the case, but he could be wrong.  Therefore, nurses are underpaid and have already rejected the latest pay offer from Manx Care.  Why compare the pay rate within a clearly failing labour market with that of teachers?  

Edited by Meoir Shee

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

I don’t think nurses or anyone else gets 13 weeks holidays plus 1.5 hours for lunch break 

Breaking news! Notorious teacher hater now claims lunch hour has grown to 90 minutes.

🤡

EDIT: in the interests of transparency could you just provide evidence of a single IOM school with a 90 minute lunch break.  Just one.  There are 30+ primaries and 5 secondaries.  Just one.  Please.

Edited by Meoir Shee
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Newly qualified nurse £30,945.

They should pay nurses more not teachers less.

2 hours ago, forestboy said:

If that is true it should be rejected out of hand and union people need to wobble their heads. 

Why? It's their job to get the best deal for their members. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ian rush said:

They won’t be getting paid whilst on strike, whereas they’ve been trousering full whack despite large parts of the industrial action being in breach of some of their t and c and/or coming at extra cost to taxpayers.

Just for the record, which aspects of their Terms and Conditions have teachers been in breach of?

49 minutes ago, Meoir Shee said:

Breaking news! Notorious teacher hater now claims lunch hour has grown to 90 minutes.

🤡

EDIT: in the interests of transparency could you just provide evidence of a single IOM school with a 90 minute lunch break.  Just one.  There are 30+ primaries and 5 secondaries.  Just one.  Please.

I don’t know, but do teachers get other breaks beyond the hour lunch in their working day?

I know I never have, and only get half an hour for lunch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Meoir Shee said:

You only go to the toilet during your 30 minute lunch break?  Amazing bladder control.

Well.  Obviously people are allowed to go to the toilet, but honestly when you are working to people really need to go more than once a day?

Anyway.  Do teachers get actual breaks on top of their hours lunch that might total 90 minutes break time in a day?