Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

On 11/3/2022 at 7:18 PM, Banker said:

I don’t think nurses or anyone else gets 13 weeks holidays plus 1.5 hours for lunch break 

On 11/3/2022 at 7:28 PM, Meoir Shee said:

Breaking news! Notorious teacher hater now claims lunch hour has grown to 90 minutes.

🤡

EDIT: in the interests of transparency could you just provide evidence of a single IOM school with a 90 minute lunch break.  Just one.  There are 30+ primaries and 5 secondaries.  Just one.  Please.

Just one.  Please.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

Allow me to correct Ms. Edge:
30% over a 3 year period to make up the pay erosion of 30% in real terms over the past 10 years.

It’s not realistic, no one is going to commit to paying another 30% over 3 years, no other group will get it either.

They can try the Uk if they like under the public sector pay freeze for next few years & see how they get on 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Meoir Shee said:

Hi @Asthehills, you’ve been peddling this higher wages only fuels inflation argument for some time now.  Could you, finally, explain how this works and we can all move on.

Hi @Asthehills, just a gentle reminder, you’ve made at least 4 as yet unsubstantiated claims that higher wages fuel inflation in this thread alone, I’ve referred to them here.  I’ve politely asked you to explain how this works and this will allow all of us to move on.  You have subsequently posted in this thread but may have missed my initial request.  I’d like to repeat that polite request.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

So still 30%.

It's one way of keeping the lesser mortals in their place. Take the pay rises they are asking for over a 3 year period to get them back to a real terms position they were in 10 years ago,  and deliberately portray it as though they are asking for that in a single year.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Meoir Shee said:

Hi @Asthehills, just a gentle reminder, you’ve made at least 4 as yet unsubstantiated claims that higher wages fuel inflation in this thread alone, I’ve referred to them here.  I’ve politely asked you to explain how this works and this will allow all of us to move on.  You have subsequently posted in this thread but may have missed my initial request.  I’d like to repeat that polite request.  Thanks in advance.

Hey.  Sorry, working my arse off all weekend on a company relocation.  A happy weekend where most of the staff have rocked up to do stuff outside their contract, outside of hours and for no additional pay for the good of the business and in good spirits.  Imagine!!

It’s pretty widely accepted that giving everyone more money isn’t the way out of high inflation, but if you are waiting  for everyone to back up their “unsubstantiated claims” on this thread then can I go one further and ask someone for any evidence that anywhere near a majority of teachers support this action or don’t accept the latest pay offer?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Hey.  Sorry, working my arse off all weekend on a company relocation.  A happy weekend where most of the staff have rocked up to do stuff outside their contract, outside of hours and for no additional pay for the good of the business and in good spirits.  Imagine!!

It’s pretty widely accepted that giving everyone more money isn’t the way out of high inflation, but if you are waiting  for everyone to back up their “unsubstantiated claims” on this thread then can I go one further and ask someone for any evidence that anywhere near a majority of teachers support this action or don’t accept the latest pay offer?

Thanks in advance

I apologise for interrupting your weekend, I thought as you posted yesterday you were available, that is my mistake.

I have absolutely no intention of making “everyone back up their unsubstantiated claims on this thread”, you appear to be making that up.  I simply asked, very politely, if you could explain why you believe higher wages result in higher inflation, having made such a statement on at least 4 occasions in this thread.  You still haven’t done so, that is fine and we can all now move on.

With regards providing “evidence that anywhere near a majority of teachers support this action or don’t accept the latest pay offer?”, I certainly have not made such a claim and you appear to be attempting to change the subject. It could well be the case that a majority of employees do not support the action but those members of a recognized Trade Union who voted did so in favour of such action, assuming it complies with the various legal requirements and such a ballot is valid in law.  An analogy could be the majority of the UK electorate didn’t vote for Brexit but Leave still won.

Thankyou and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Thanks in advance

Totally agree. 

Sometimes you do things in life, especially work related, over and beyond your normal duties. Whilst you may not be renumerated financially, a decent employer will recognise your worth to that organisation. It helps with internal recognition with internal promotion. I’ve worked out of hours at weekends etc which went beyond my remit. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Totally agree. 

Sometimes you do things in life, especially work related, over and beyond your normal duties. Whilst you may not be renumerated financially, a decent employer will recognise your worth to that organisation. It helps with internal recognition with internal promotion. I’ve worked out of hours at weekends etc which went beyond my remit. 

Yes.  Yesterday was a very long and physical day, but if anything it boosted staff relationships.  Some had to get home but most went to the pub together afterwards and a lunch delivery helped everyone through.

No way on earth would the same have happened in the CS without calls for time off in lieu or for a firm to be paid to do the work.

I am convinced this strike won’t happen and that those who are supporting it will be made to look very silly indeed.  It’s a small minority stirring things up and the support of their colleagues and the public will soon vanish.  My money is in less than 10 percent of the workforce actually have the conviction to strike and lose pay, possibly even less than 5%

55 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

It’s pretty widely accepted that giving everyone more money isn’t the way out of high inflation

Widely accepted by who? It isn't what the IMF think.

It is certainly the line pushed by the Governor of the BoE, Andrew Bailey. However, it didn't stop his own salary rising by 22k to just under 600k (despite the fact that he allegedly 'turned down' a pay rise), and it didn't stop him sanctioning the payment of over £23 million in bonuses to BoE employees (which represents around 10% of their total salary bill).

He is obviously one of the seemingly many people who think that paying poor people more drives up inflation, but paying rich people more doesn't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Thanks in advance

Are they getting a day off in lieu for it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

Widely accepted by who? It isn't what the IMF think.

It is certainly the line pushed by the Governor of the BoE, Andrew Bailey. However, it didn't stop his own salary rising by 22k to just under 600k (despite the fact that he allegedly 'turned down' a pay rise), and it didn't stop him sanctioning the payment of over £23 million in bonuses to BoE employees (which represents around 10% of their total salary bill).

He is obviously one of the seemingly many people who think that paying poor people more drives up inflation, but paying rich people more doesn't.

Ah, but poor people spend any extra money - they need to - thus creating more demand for finite resources, which can be inflationary, while rich people bank their extra money, or invest it in properties etc, and as we know, rising house prices are a cause for celebration, not intervention.

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

No. 

Once again I am glad I don't have a shitty boss like you.

We even get a paid day to go and do voluntary work for a charity.

Your employees don't even get anything for giving up their own time on a weekend to help with an office relocation which you were too much of a skin flint to pay a professional office move company to do for you.

• Like 4