Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Yes.  Compared to teachers they are hugely underpaid.

I do however doubt that they would ever be short sighted enough to think that a strike is the right course of action.

Well the RCN ballot is being counted. Word is that it is massively in favour of strike action if it comes to that. Hopefully it won't, but the reality is that they don't really have much leverage short of that, so if they don't strike they will almost certainly get another pay cut in real terms

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Have you seen the price of pretty much anything at the moment? The price rises have already come.

The cost and scarcity of plumbers and other trades is already here too. Lots of money to be made if you can do one. You're buggered if you're paying for work to be done though.

Your info is out of date.  Plumbers are currently looking for work as the market has dried right up (excuse the pun)

They will be scratching for work again soon enough or having to drop their rates because of the COL crisis.  However, they are used to it as they got shat on in lockdowns, same as the nurses who worked unbelievable hours.  Not anything the greedy teachers who had months off on full pay would know about

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Well the RCN ballot is being counted. Word is that it is massively in favour of strike action if it comes to that. Hopefully it won't, but the reality is that they don't really have much leverage short of that, so if they don't strike they will almost certainly get another pay cut in real terms

I would fully support them.  They deserve it

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

Your info is out of date.  Plumbers are currently looking for work as the market has dried right up (excuse the pun)

They will be scratching for work again soon enough or having to drop their rates because of the COL crisis.  However, they are used to it as they got shat on in lockdowns, same as the nurses who worked unbelievable hours.  Not anything the greedy teachers who had months off on full pay would know about

Try getting a plumber to take on work this side of winter and you'll struggle.

Hint: It's not because they're all buggering off to sun themselves, it's because they're still inundated with work.

Just now, Asthehills said:

I’m not sure about that.  I had a joiner around to fit some skirting, did an excellent job, and said that furlough was the best time of his working career.  Got almost £700 per week.

3 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Strange that. I have been trying to get a plumber for a few weeks and can't even get one to come and quote. Perhaps I need to look at my interpersonal skills!

• Like 2

Out of the half dozen plumbers I know, none of them are "currently looking for work" so this is just another lie that you've concocted.

You're an idiot, and a jealous one at that. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Please could you pass on the details of these plumbers to us. 

6 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Try getting a plumber to take on work this side of winter and you'll struggle.

Hint: It's not because they're all buggering off to sun themselves, it's because they're still inundated with work.

If you and the others who have posted similar think that people aren’t knocking private home improvements on the head due to cost of living and much higher borrowing rates then you are all deluded.

Trades have ridden  a crest since COVID, and are about to hit the rocks 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

If you and the others who have posted similar think that people aren’t knocking private home improvements on the head due to cost of living and much higher borrowing rates then you are all deluded.

Trades have ridden  a crest since COVID, and are about to hit the rocks 

So now we’re talking on hypotheticals and speculation and name calling, as people pointed out that your claims were demonstrably false?

You are fun on a Monday night. I love how varied it can be. 

• Like 1