Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

16 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

If todays manninline is indicative of public support, then the teachers are screwed.

The only people who seem to be supporting them are under the illusion that new starts are on 25k.  Not the 36 they have turned down.

You have time to listen to Moaninline?  You really should get a proper job or at least stop wasting your employers time and do some actual work!

The callers into that show can hardly be described as representative of the general population.

• Like 2

I wonder if the fact of a salary is ever taken into consideration during wage negotiations ? (Not just for teachers).

What I mean is for example, when I was on a weekly wage, if I didn't turn up, for whatever reason, I wasn't paid. However, when I became a salaried person, I was of course paid for a certain number of days if I was ill.

Is this benefit even considered in wage negotiations?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newbie said:

She keeps mentioning 'fair and sustainable' or sometimes 'affordable and sustainable'. But is continuing to give employees pay rises below inflation year on year really sustainable? How long can that go on for. 

Apparently roughly until now.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I wonder if the fact of a salary is ever taken into consideration during wage negotiations ? (Not just for teachers).

What I mean is for example, when I was on a weekly wage, if I didn't turn up, for whatever reason, I wasn't paid. However, when I became a salaried person, I was of course paid for a certain number of days if I was ill.

Is this benefit even considered in wage negotiations?

Doubt the number of sickness days the public sector have which is much higher than  sector is taken into account with wage negotiations, same as the index linked pension isn’t 

sickness absence rate stood at 2.0% in 2019 Rates for workers within the public and private sector stood at 2.7% and 1.8% respectively in 2019.The rate for public sector employees has been consistently higher than the private sector employees since 1995.

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

15 minutes.  I haven’t listened to all of it, other than the first few minutes where she basically refuses to answer the first question and hints at unrest amongst those who do want to strike and the reasonable teachers in the schools

She then goes on to talk (angrily) about the lack of rise for the experienced teachers having previously said it needed to address recruitment, which the package they have clearly does, then rant about the buildings and violence in the schools. 🙄

https://www.manxradio.com/podcasts/manx-newscast/episode/the-brink-of-strike-in-conversation-with-the-nasuwt-teaching-union/?fbclid=IwAR28eL_spMOjWB3o9crv9AKByekJZ2LgNF9TBdi4QOKA_YhySUZNXLf760w

Edited by Asthehills

It doesn’t matter how much O Neill rants , IOMG are not going to pay them another 30% to cover perceived fall over 12 years. They are getting a lot more than Uk where they’re talking about redundancy to cut costs plus talking about violence in the UKS safest place is bollocks, try inner city in Birmingham 

Having now listened to the whole thing she doesn’t really answer any of the questions put to her.

I have also concluded I wouldn’t fancy trying to negotiate with her.  She hasn’t given a single concise point or requirement in that 15 minutes and apparently now wants major tax reform which seems way beyond her remit.