Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Hasn’t the last deal, which NASUWT refused, just been applied to their wages from the start of this school year? 

The previous deal for between 5-8% backdated fora year has, this present offer is a further 8-12% backdated to April but the militants have rejected 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-61867506.amp

1 hour ago, Meoir Shee said:

No

My bad.  It came in at the end of the last school year and was backdated to the start of that academic year.

So two reasonable rises in less than three years.

I love the fact that NASUWT can play hard ball and reject an offer, but their members all get the pay rise anyway.

Any news on how many are actually prepared to strike yet?  My money is in less than 10 percent of the island teachers.

2 hours ago, Banker said:

The previous deal for between 5-8% backdated fora year has, this present offer is a further 8-12% backdated to April but the militants have rejected 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-61867506.amp

On Banker, you are a cad!  You know full well those numbers you are quoting are untrue but still insist on referring to them, you haven’t really moved on from post #1 in this thread.  Maybe you take after your namesakes when it comes to handling the numbers, after all, if we hadn’t had to bail out the entire banking industry we may not have entered austerity, no public sector pay freezes and nurses and teachers wouldn’t be seeking a return to c2010 real pay levels.  I blame the teachers.

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

I love the fact that NASUWT can play hard ball and reject an offer, but their members all get the pay rise anyway.

Surely all employees carrying out the same job role should receive the same pay, irrespective of Trade Union membership.  That would come under the IoM equivalent of the Equal Pay Act.  Are you suggesting otherwise?

2 hours ago, Meoir Shee said:

On Banker, you are a cad!  You know full well those numbers you are quoting are untrue but still insist on referring to them, you haven’t really moved on from post #1 in this thread.  Maybe you take after your namesakes when it comes to handling the numbers, after all, if we hadn’t had to bail out the entire banking industry we may not have entered austerity, no public sector pay freezes and nurses and teachers wouldn’t be seeking a return to c2010 real pay levels.  I blame the teachers.

Quoted by minister who I have the utmost faith in but I may have done a union trick & rounding figures 😂

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/department-of-education-responds-to-teaching-union-action-565436

Edited by Banker

4 hours ago, Banker said:

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Quoted by minister who I have the utmost faith in but I may have done a union trick & rounding figures 😂

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/department-of-education-responds-to-teaching-union-action-565436

From the article you have referred to:

‘Earlier this year, the DESC implemented London fringe pay scales and an additional Isle of Man weighting of 1%. This saw all teachers receive an uplift of between 2% - 7.6%, backdated to September 1, 2021.”

Yet you read this as:

4 hours ago, Banker said:

The previous deal for between 5-8% backdated fora year

Maybe Bankers don’t see the difference between 2% and 5%, it is only a 150% ‘rounding’ error.  Maybe that is why they tanked the economy in 2007 and cost the taxpayer c£23bn.  I blame the teachers.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Separate to the teachers, what will happen if the UK nurses get significant pay rise but nurses on the island, who are being balloted I understand at the moment, reject the latest DHSC offer. Is this why they transferred all the staff to Manx Care as the first step?

Would that encourage nursing staff to leave if the UK is significantly higher ? 

5 hours ago, Apple said:

Separate to the teachers, what will happen if the UK nurses get significant pay rise but nurses on the island, who are being balloted I understand at the moment, reject the latest DHSC offer. Is this why they transferred all the staff to Manx Care as the first step?

Would that encourage nursing staff to leave if the UK is significantly higher ? 

Think they’re being offered 6% now, up from 4% in line with all other civil servants here, offer in England is 4.75% & apparently pay scales are already higher here.

What should have happened is a 6% pay pot for IOMG workers with nurses & other lower rates aid workers getting 8/10% & the rest getting sliding scale with the £100k+ lot getting say 2/3%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Think they’re being offered 6% now, up from 4% in line with all other civil servants here, offer in England is 4.75% & apparently pay scales are already higher here.

What should have happened is a 6% pay pot for IOMG workers with nurses & other lower rates aid workers getting 8/10% & the rest getting sliding scale with the £100k+ lot getting say 2/3%

£100k+ don’t need it especially with our tax rates compared with UK. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

Latest from local banker:
Man with no argument tries fallacious ad hominem in desperate attempt to stir the pot.

Or teachers get a fantastic offer which UK unions would love & which has been accepted by most Iom unions as well