Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

It’s very convenient for Sarah Maltby Douglas South MHK to be away to Guernsey on a jolly, I wonder if her colleague Joney Faragher Douglas East MHK will be on the picket line? I think some of those protesting are attention seeking. It’s likely the union will come to an agreement, but Manx teachers see others striking, and wish to ape their opposing colleagues, so they have something to boast about. 

9 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Am I reading this right?

So we're offering to pay in-line with the London Fringe PLUS 4% and the bastards are still moaning? So new teachers will now be on £36,557/yr rather than £30,518/yr. Seems a win to me.

Yes that’s correct, it’s why 80% of unions accepted & less than 200 teachers ie less than 20% of all teachers voted for strike action 

19 minutes ago, Declan said:

No show without Punch. 

I quite like him to be fair, he's not always right and is a bit scattergun in his approach but he challenges the people who need challenging. 

Hopefully he'll still be there for the rest of the public service when it's their turn. Because there is no way the teachers bailouts won't cause repercussions elsewhere across the Island. 

20 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Am I reading this right?

So we're offering to pay in-line with the London Fringe PLUS 4% and the bastards are still moaning? So new teachers will now be on £36,557/yr rather than £30,518/yr. Seems a win to me.

No, new teachers, qualified, will receive £30,518 before tax, NI and superannuation. It’ll take 4 years in post to get the increments up to £36,557

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, english zloty said:

Hopefully he'll still be there for the rest of the public service when it's their turn. Because there is no way the teachers bailouts won't cause repercussions elsewhere across the Island. 

Will they have a picket line or protest?

1 minute ago, english zloty said:

Public sector have settled for 6% , nurses have been offered the same but not agreed yet. Just one teacher union out of 5 not agreeing even though highest offer of all public sectors 

40 minutes ago, Declan said:

No show without Punch. 

I quite like him to be fair, he's not always right and is a bit scattergun in his approach but he challenges the people who need challenging. 

then he should be challenging  to corporations waste policy and looking after the ratepayers who he is supposed to represent ,!