Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

31 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

29 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Hadn’t seen the tweet. Hadn’t realised that entry was going to be M4 as opposed to M1.

Mind you, it’s nothing new. Politicians have always played around with entry requirements and remuneration to attract entrants to the profession.

My dad was a teacher. Qualified in August 1939, called up September 1939. Demobbed July 1947. Started his first teaching job in September 1947.

To attract teachers back they were offered that their superannuation would be enhanced by 2 years for every one year of military service.

He started with 14/80 years teaching service.  He was able to retire from teaching on a full 40/80 preserved pension at age 50 and do other things for 10 years before Superannuation kicked in and 15 before state pension.

1 hour ago, english zloty said:

Devon Watson. What a total prick.

Agree "Devon Watson believes teachers have put up with pay erosion out of their sense of duty, but says that won't pay their mortgage". Lots of people are struggling to pay mortgages. I have been in education for many years (UK and IOM), now retired thankfully out of this situation of electronic teaching and very few hands on teaching methods. Like any areas of employment there are some very dedicated but others who ride the system and shout the loudest for more money. Duty! to whom? A duty of care to children's education or a duty of care to themselves?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Yes that’s correct, it’s why 80% of unions accepted & less than 200 teachers ie less than 20% of all teachers voted for strike action 

Your grasp of statistics is laughable.

80% of unions accepted the deal, sure, 4 out of the 5.

The NASUWT, the fifth union, represents 70% of teachers on the Isle of Man. This is the union currently striking.

Get a grip, troll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

Your grasp of statistics is laughable.

80% of unions accepted the deal, sure, 4 out of the 5.

The NASUWT, the fifth union, represents 70% of teachers on the Isle of Man. This is the union currently striking.

Get a grip, troll.

But less than 200 voted for strike ie less than 20% of teachers on Iom and still Union won’t confirm how many of 600 members are actually active teachers. You’re a teacher & don’t even know the numbers !

Get a grip troll!!

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

My neighbour says none of the them are teachers at St Ninian's - Flying Pickets now?

If you look closely, you might realise a few of the people pictured are members of the Manx Labour Party.
I drove past this morning and there weren't just teachers on the picket, there were many members of the public too!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

Prove it.

It’s been on all the media & the figures were posted on here a few days ago , only something like 440 out of claimed 600 members were eligible to vote but  O’Neil still won’t confirm numbers of active teachers members 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

If you look closely, you might realise a few of the people pictured are members of the Manx Labour Party.
I drove past this morning and there weren't just teachers on the picket, there were many members of the public too!

Union members flown in from across, spouses of teachers, even a few kids!!

3 hours ago, Banker said:

But less than 200 voted for strike ie less than 20% of teachers on Iom and still Union won’t confirm how many of 600 members are actually active teachers. You’re a teacher & don’t even know the numbers !

Get a grip troll!!

But less than 35% of the UK electorate voted for Brexit.  You’re a Banker and you don’t understand the numbers?  Remember who caused the last recession?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1