Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

I heard about this on the radio this morning (loving the radio news, it's so chock full of assholes making complete clowns of themselves), an Australian man (could have been from New Zealand) has travelled all the way over here to support the local teachers & the Labour Party have come over from Manchester too - Mancs Labour party, well supported...

Whilst I agree that teachers deserve to paid more (if they're worth it... which many are but a few are not) I do not think it is fair of them to strike, especially after the children have missed so much through the Covid years. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Banker said:

image.thumb.png.617bc34e567cd651a74d33a0c4ffeeba.pngPosted on Manx radio by someone who’s a teachers husband annoyed at militant’s stirring it up 

Actually we do know how many of the 237 aren't retired etc.  All of them.  Because the reason that only 448 would be entitled to cast a vote in the first place (as opposed to the full 600 or whatever) is that only those affected by that particular dispute would legally be allowed to have a say.  So any union member who was retired or not employed by DESC (eg at KWC) wouldn't be sent a ballot.  Similarly DESC civil servants on a different pay scale wouldn't be included.  I'm not sure about supply teachers, I suspect it would depend on the terms of their contract, and in any case them withdrawing their labour is also going to have an effect - as will part-timers.

• Like 3

wrong I think it has caused more harm than good ,and the public perception of the teaching profession on the isle of man  has  dropped down , especially when they see  the  current salaries and whats been offered , the effect on the islands children  with the work to rule  and now strike action , has had a significant effect on the children's education , with many children loosing out on clubs and post school activities  which have been curtailed ,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1