Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

38 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Jobs now advertised at the new salary scales.  Poor things.

E045AA99-C6B7-4391-B33B-13DEBDE5E608.jpeg

On 9/20/2022 at 7:43 PM, Asthehills said:

Does that happen.  There only seems to be one secondary school job listed at the moment.

C79396DD-C964-4AEE-87A2-98E4D7773584.png

How tragic that we are now actively advertising for “unqualified” staff in the hope of attracting people in.  Interestingly, the Geography post referred to above from mid Sept appears to be still vacant almost 3 months later, I can only assume some kids somewhere don’t have a qualified geography teacher, probably won’t until Easter at the earliest now.  There now seem to be 11 current teaching vacancies on the gov website.   Let’s all hope that the additional pay will plug those particular gaps.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, HeliX said:

They must be bloody good at saving to manage that on those salaries.

That's just what they start on.

In a year they have upped a point on the scale - been given TRL points for anything - in charge of a notice board, assistant to assistant deputy assistant assistant second in department .. sort of thing.

1 minute ago, x-in-man said:

That's just what they start on.

In a year they have upped a point on the scale - been given TRL points for anything - in charge of a notice board, assistant to assistant deputy assistant assistant second in department .. sort of thing.

I don't think the deal for new teachers is bad. The deal for existing teachers is not very good though.

I can't afford a new house, new car and 7 week holiday on significantly more than 36k.

15 minutes ago, forestboy said:

We don’t have enough in several other occupations. 

The difference being that for teaching we have just increased the wages and not yet given it time to see if that means we attract more people.

I would imagine the significant uplift for new starters would make it much easier to get young and enthusiastic teachers here?

If I look back at my own time at school the best teachers were actually the newly qualified ones doing their first few years.  I would argue that newly trained and enthusiastic are actually preferable to people who qualified twenty years ago and are stuck in their ways 

20 hours ago, quilp said:

I see that @Asthehills is still able to add his various emoticons in support of his various identities... 

newsflash. It’s possible to agree with someone’s views on a particular topic without actually being that person.

I actually liked some of @offshoremanxmanpost recently and I am definitely not him.  We got each other suspended ffs 😂

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Like you did re: retired union members, of course...

That’s been cleared up.  The Union were claiming a membership of over 600 and suggesting that 86 percent of those were in favour.

They still haven’t confirmed who is actually teaching and who isn’t. But only 450 ish were eligible to vote, which would suggest the rest are retired.

Less than 200 votes to strike and the union were trying to imply it was more than 500

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Like you did re: retired union members, of course...

So you now agree less than 200 voted for strike & many of the claimed 600 members are obviously not active teachers employed by DESC as otherwise they would have been eligible to vote!!

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

So you now agree less than 200 voted for strike & many of the claimed 600 members are obviously not active teachers employed by DESC as otherwise they would have been eligible to vote!!

Not a clue how many voted to strike, nor how many of the members are active teachers. Not much arsed either.

• Haha 1