Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

There are a number of teachers in Facebook right now still confidently proclaiming that to strike was a majority decision because at some point they have seen the 86% figure.

It would be funny if these people weren’t teaching our kids and showing a total lack of understanding about basic maths and comprehension.

I feel a bit sorry for them.  They appear to have been completely brainwashed.  It’s almost cult like.

Their public support has taken a hammering, and those who are still supporting them seem to still think they start on 24k and that their salaries or pro rated.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The teachers were getting a hammering on Mannin Line today the public are fed up with these antics and they have not got the support they started with.

It was hilarious to listen to. They didn’t bother picketing today either from what I could see so I assume they might have got some stick yesterday. The government pulled a flanker by advertising the £36K salary start as it’s clearly pissed off a huge number of people who don’t earn anywhere near that. 

• Like 2

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

It was hilarious to listen to. They didn’t bother picketing today either from what I could see so I assume they might have got some stick yesterday. The government pulled a flanker by advertising the £36K salary start as it’s clearly pissed off a huge number of people who don’t earn anywhere near that. 

They seem to be saying that because 250/300 were at Comis yesterday that they all voted to strike but as less than 200 did that’s a lie!! Apparently a lot at Comis were the Labour Party lot, unions mob from Uk , local union leaders etc

1 minute ago, Banker said:

They seem to be saying that because 250/300 were at Comis yesterday that they all voted to strike but as less than 200 did that’s a lie!! Apparently a lot at Comis were the Labour Party lot, unions mob from Uk , local union leaders etc

They are really coming across as a bit thick, but they are all posting under made up accounts so we can’t even complain to the schools about how they shouldn’t be allowed to teach our kids.

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

They’re clearly relying on Manx Labour Party and the unions to provide the shit-stirrers as they certainly aren’t the teachers. That sad twat Devon Watson was getting a right stiffy yesterday waving his banner around like he was a big boy. The same as that other useless fat MLP tit Hamer who used to be Douglas Councillor. It was like a 40 year old Alan Bleasdale drama. 

47 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

They’re clearly relying on Manx Labour Party and the unions to provide the shit-stirrers as they certainly aren’t the teachers. That sad twat Devon Watson was getting a right stiffy yesterday waving his banner around like he was a big boy. The same as that other useless fat MLP tit Hamer who used to be Douglas Councillor. It was like a 40 year old Alan Bleasdale drama. 

Have you tried getting upset about it?

40 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Are DESC making the teachers look a bit stupid now by releasing these?

Does anyone know what FTE is in this context?  I am thinking maybe Full Time Equivalent?

579F938B-F2CC-4245-A951-295152D687A0.png

783A9D2F-9627-4178-8184-D142B6A57A02.png

77956FC1-F0B4-4EA8-9F66-70F3F674A1E9.png

Yes FTE is full time equivalent.  That means that the actual salary range for this job is £29,246 - £37,373 as it's pro rata from the range quoted.  Of course it's possible the particular hours may suit some people, but so may be sceptical and suspect it might turn into a full-time job for 80% of the salary.  Which may be why it hasn't filled.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

wasen't Dizzy Daphny on the demo outside government buildings  wearing a black academic gown over her cloths , looks very much like her from photographs in the media ,  I thought  Tynwald members   remained impartial  where government related pay was involved ? 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Omobono said:

wasen't Dizzy Daphny on the demo outside government buildings  wearing a black academic gown over her cloths , looks very much like her from photographs in the media ,  I thought  Tynwald members   remained impartial  where government related pay was involved ? 

Yes she was in the photo but not clear what role she was playing -could have been just 'listening' (I know, I know). However I am intrigued to see where Clare Barber will "sit" on the nurses / health workers disputes when discussed.

She has already indicated she can't get involved in DHSC matters when there are problems and the message to all MHKs is keep your fingers out of Manx Care - wonder how they are going to navigate this one.