Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

On 12/2/2022 at 9:39 AM, Omobono said:

wasen't Dizzy Daphny on the demo outside government buildings  wearing a black academic gown over her cloths , looks very much like her from photographs in the media.

Delusional Daphne is becoming a bit of a joke in Garff. The role of MHK seems to have gone to her head. It’s a shame as our other MHK is even worse. Who’d have thought people would start to miss Martyn Perkins who was basically a Penny for the Guy sort of MHK comprising of some clothes stuffed with straw. 

• Thanks 2

They looked like a right rabble to me.    I think the public have lost any sympathy they had with them judging by the many comments on Mannin Line.   There are teachers that put extra hours in and go way and beyond  but there are others who do the bare minimum.    There is no other job that enjoys having 12 weeks off a year  that is for sure except if you are an MHK of course, same situation  applies to them  some put in the extra hours and some do not.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BriT said:

Martyn Perkins who was basically a Penny for the Guy sort of MHK comprising of some clothes stuffed with straw. 

And rather a lot of taxpayer's wonga following his successful claim....

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 9:39 AM, Omobono said:

wasen't Dizzy Daphny on the demo outside government buildings  wearing a black academic gown over her cloths , looks very much like her from photographs in the media ,  I thought  Tynwald members   remained impartial  where government related pay was involved ? 

@Stu Petersdidn't you read out  a txt on the mannin line that Dizzy, Dr Death , Pooper , give me more Perkins, all met Terry Pullinger the Deputy General Secretary of the CWU at his hotel, while the postal strike was  on. The meeting was set up by sacked  Health Minister, shelf stacker Rob the knob, the only meeting he has chaired were he nearly understood what was going on. 

So I guess members don't have to be impartial where government related pay is involved.

Edited by Holte End

Amazing these days that if you're in IT the vast majority of training has now moved online in a short space of 10 yrs. Very few now (1% in my experience) go on any face to face training.

Might one day education go this way? Virtual teachers?

Happened in remote parts of Australia in the 50s and 60s by HF radio.

Might teachers one day, maybe 20 yrs from now, be virtualised as part of the remote working revolution that many now participate in?

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Fair enough, majority will receive 8% in December pay, England and Wales already up 5%.  In a sense almost no-one will get 11.9% as that is for new starters only.  Article states “‘Overall over the last two years, it has been between a 10.3% and 18.7% uplift for everybody.”,  the vast majority are at the top of the scale so can only assume the lower figure, I have no data for this.  Inflation in the past two years has been 14.9% so potentially a further 4.6% real terms pay cut using the Minister’s own figures.  That is on top of a decade or more of real terms pay cuts.

“However, unless salaries for more experienced teachers grow by 13% in cash terms over the next two years, they will still be lower in real terms than in 2007, which would still be a remarkable squeeze on pay over 16 years.”, The long, long squeeze on teacher pay

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Amazing these days that if you're in IT the vast majority of training has now moved online in a short space of 10 yrs. Very few now (1% in my experience) go on any face to face training.

Might one day education go this way? Virtual teachers?

Happened in remote parts of Australia in the 50s and 60s by HF radio.

Might teachers one day, maybe 20 yrs from now, be virtualised as part of the remote working revolution that many now participate in?

I'd be surprised - children require quite a bit more management than adults who are working.

So what now ?    I am glad they have been denied any more money…sheer greed. If they hold any more strikes ignore them it is secondary schools that are being affected and children attending them do not need to be baby sat their parents will not miss work.    Missing a few days lessons will not scar these kids for life lots of parents take their children out of school for odd days when on holiday or they stay off with colds etc it is time these unions were told to do one, enough is enough.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BriT said:

Exactly the same FB tracker ID in that link 😂

Bankers post had only just appeared for me.

It’s not a tracker ID.  You are a tracker, you stalker.

I would suggest that if you go to IOM newspapers post on Facebook and copy the link, it will be exactly the same.

Prove me wrong?