Please Sir can I have more!!

Banker

35 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Well now yeah...but in 20 yrs? Different world maybe.

Children weren't that different 20 years ago. They won't be that different 20 years from now.

Teaching could be remote via VR/projectors/hologram or whatever tech, but you still need a real-time teacher to stop kids just timing their farts instead of learning.

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But the rail system across relies on the goodwill of railwaymen working their rest days!

Any job that is currently exploitative and relies on goodwill instead of appropriate remuneration and conditions needs addressing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

You can’t actually think that that is what applies to teachers? 

Pre this pay deal it certainly did. Post remains to be seen. But the comment I replied to was talking about railwaymen, as I'm sure you're able to read having had the benefit of being taught.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Pre this pay deal it certainly did. Post remains to be seen. But the comment I replied to was talking about railwaymen, as I'm sure you're able to read having had the benefit of being taught.

Fair enough.

It is nice to see a teacher supporter accept that the deal they are currently on os actually pretty decent

8 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Fair enough.

It is nice to see a teacher supporter accept that the deal they are currently on os actually pretty decent

Remains to be seen isn't the same as decent, but it's certainly in the right direction. It's a shame it seems to favour not-yet-teachers over existing teachers, though.

15 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Amazing these days that if you're in IT the vast majority of training has now moved online in a short space of 10 yrs. Very few now (1% in my experience) go on any face to face training.

Might one day education go this way? Virtual teachers?

Happened in remote parts of Australia in the 50s and 60s by HF radio.

Might teachers one day, maybe 20 yrs from now, be virtualised as part of the remote working revolution that many now participate in?

Yes And the curriculum could be vastly widened so that people can learn what they want to learn in short modules rather taking two or three years.