Prices of eating out

Asthehills

59 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

So, we don't know where the bikes and bike shop are going? 

Not to their old place, which is a (now closed for the winter) Gelato place. 

Anyone hear if the new Noa (surely that would now be Noa Noa) will have bikes too? 

Interesting, as I remember hearing that the head honcho at Microgaming was heavily invested in the original refit from market to the bike/cafe. 

Peveril building, as previously stated

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

It is a facility for people who need a quiet work area to go to work.  They are spaces used by people starting their own business or who don't have a suitable area at home.  Quite often there is access to advice, or signposts to sources, on all kinds of aspects of business, not just banking. It is also intended as a place to network and interact with other similarly placed people. 

I've had experience of working in two of these "shared" work areas in the UK. They are not ideal for a business where a discreet phone call is required, you end up going out into the corridor or even outside to get some privacy. 

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I've had experience of working in two of these "shared" work areas in the UK. They are not ideal for a business where a discreet phone call is required, you end up going out into the corridor or even outside to get some privacy. 

Yes, I have worked in the Eagle Labs facility.  It is OK but doesn't replace having your own premises but is a start for a nascent business.  Agree re privacy, but Eagle Labs does have small rooms you can book. 

I would rather work out of my spare bedroom which now has all I need, but I can see some young start ups being quite attracted to the concept. 

5 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I had to stop using shared space in the UK pre covid it’s handy but when you get sucked into that whole hive community nonsense that’s when I’m off. No I don’t want drinks at 4pm on a Friday with every other knob in here and no I don’t want to go to your hive bowling night in a Wednesday or whatever. Sadly these environments can also be wanker-magnets full of ‘networkers’ with no money and no clients trying to access your money and your clients.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I had to stop using shared space in the UK pre covid it’s handy but when you get sucked into that whole hive community nonsense that’s when I’m off. No I don’t want drinks at 4pm on a Friday with every other knob in here and no I don’t want to go to your hive bowling night in a Wednesday or whatever. Sadly these environments can also be wanker-magnets full of ‘networkers’ with no money and no clients trying to access your money and your clients.

I agree with the second part of your paragraph.

I don’t understand why you would object to going for a drink on a Friday with people who might turn out to be good contacts though?  Even just for fun and to meet new people.

Each to their own I suppose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Each to their own I suppose.

The one I used was quite cultish. It was full of ‘start up’ people who were all going to be millionaires this time next year. It got a bit tedious listening to the same pitches from people who were all burning other peoples money.  Certainly didn’t want beers with any of them.

1 hour ago, Wavey Davey said:

Quality sadly I missed out on that mankey old sofa in Noel’s Emporium. So in classic Noa style it’s now to be a hot hub so that they can bank some more of that lovely government subsidy money. They really are the poster boy for IOM grant funding. 

Why not come out and say exactly what your problem is with Noa. Not a great fan either way, but you seem to have a real problem with them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Why not come out and say exactly what your problem is with Noa. Not a great fan either way, but you seem to have a real problem with them. 

Sadly it appears to be a crab thing Gladys. Instead of being happy that businesses are making a go of it in these turbulent times, they'd rather rubbish them on an anonymous forum...

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Sadly it appears to be a crab thing Gladys. Instead of being happy that businesses are making a go of it in these turbulent times, they'd rather rubbish them on an anonymous forum...

Says an anonymous poster rubbishing another anonymous poster on an anonymous forum. 

Edited by BriT

3 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I've been to Noas 3 times and not yet had a good espresso. Think I will stick with Oasis. 

I agree it’s completely overpriced and over hyped. Bohemia is probably the best for coffee. The heat hub does look like a bit of a gimmick but it probably does qualify for some sort of grant funding from Alf’s Community Fund. I must see if I can set something similar up in my garage.