Prices of eating out

Asthehills

1 hour ago, Steady Eddie said:

The only problem you have with Bohemia, which I encountered again today, is the big fat smelly twat they allow to telework in the Victoria St outlet. He must put a lot of customers off. Just got a take out this afternoon as he was down there stinking the place out again and I couldn’t face sitting down within about 10 tables down wind. I’d have bought lunch but the thought of eating it amongst the stench was too much. They must be losing a fortune. It’s like eating next to a rotting corpse. 

Sadly this is true and one of the reasons I dont go in Victoria st very often. It is bad !! 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BriT said:

Jesus is it really that bad? I must pop in and sample the ‘atmosphere’ sometime 

It really is not recommended tbh. Not so bad if you can get a seat a long way from him but even when walking past him its terrible. He must live alone I'd say as nobody could live with that smell. I actually feel sorry for him as clearly has a big problem and seemingly no one to point it out.

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steady Eddie said:

Honestly it’s disgusting. I really like the place and I thought long and hard before I posted that but I went in there again at lunch and it ****ing stinks and the owners need to do something about it. It’s every day he’s in there 5-6 hours a day working on a laptop jumping off their wifi on Zoom. It must be costing them a fortune in lost trade. 

If it’s regular I’m surprised he is still there. I was in there about a month ago and just thought it was a one off. It was like eating next to someone’s wheelie bin store. Haven’t been back since. 

• Like 1

@Steady Eddie @mad_manx @WTF @Roger Mexico @Numbnuts @Newsdesk @BriT

We’ve had third party complaints. You’ve made your point. This isn’t pleasant. Whoever he is, whatever his problem, this isn’t the place for anonymous attack and offensive comment about an individual.

Any more comments about this will result in suspension.

Take up your concerns direct with the management.

Moderating Team.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

So … I see Noa is now emptying out the bike shop to make way for the new banking hall. I wonder how long the re-fit is going to take? 

It’s been covered elsewhere. It’s not a banking hall. There will be an ATM or 2. It’s a sponsorship/advertising thing. Bit like Eagle Labs.

More than a Café. More than a Bank.

Features & Benefits

Free co-working space

Free events

Free bookable meeting rooms

Sustainably-sourced barista coffee

Free high-speed Wi-Fi

30% discount on hot drinks and 15% on freshly prepared food when you pay with your Santander International card”

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s been covered elsewhere. It’s not a banking hall. There will be an ATM or 2. 

Features & Benefits

Free co-working space

Free events

Free high-speed Wi-Fi

30% discount on hot drinks and 15% on freshly prepared food when you pay with your Santander International card”

There’s already one in Jersey you can do a virtual tour of. I was just wondering how long the re-fit will be. 

https://workcafe.santanderinternational.co.uk/santander-work-café-jersey-virtual-tour/

6 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

There’s already one in Jersey you can do a virtual tour of. I was just wondering how long the re-fit will be. 

https://workcafe.santanderinternational.co.uk/santander-work-café-jersey-virtual-tour/

As you watched the virtual tour you’d have known it isn’t going to be a banking hall. There’s one in Leeds, also.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s been covered elsewhere. It’s not a banking hall. There will be an ATM or 2. It’s a sponsorship/advertising thing. Bit like Eagle Labs.

Features & Benefits

Free co-working space

Free events

Free high-speed Wi-Fi

They'll be able to offer lots of 'free' shit once interst rates are 10%. 

15 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Maybe. As I said it’s put me off several times recently and it’s a great place to go to and the staff are brilliant but honestly it’s like having a dead dog in your dining room every day. 

I went in yesterday and the guy you describe was in there, didn't notice any smell though but yeah I like Bohemian coffee their medium cups are huge and decent price compared to other places 

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

As you watched the virtual tour you’d have known it isn’t going to be a banking hall. There’s one in Leeds, also.

Does it really matter what it’s called? It looks like quite a big re-fit that’s due to start so I was wondering if anyone knew how long they might be closing for. 

4 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Does it really matter what it’s called? It looks like quite a big re-fit that’s due to start so I was wondering if anyone knew how long they might be closing for. 

What it is called matters quite a lot, it gives you a clue what you can do there.  If you go into somewhere saying its a library but there are no books to borrow,  just Manx knobs for sale, you would be a bit miffed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

What it is called matters quite a lot, it gives you a clue what you can do there.  If you go into somewhere saying its a library but there are no books to borrow,  just Manx knobs for sale, you would be a bit miffed. 

It’s going to be a bank and a cafe just like the one in Jersey. It’s already a cafe so I asked when the bank bit was due to be completed as I saw them moving all the bikes out yesterday. There is no need to be so pedantic over what it is specifically called. It was a question about when the re-fit is starting and does anyone know how long it’s going to take as presumably they will be closing?