Prices of eating out

Asthehills

Just now, Wavey Davey said:

It’s going to be a bank and a cafe just like the one in Jersey. It’s already a cafe so I asked when the bank bit was due to be completed as I saw them moving all the bikes out yesterday. There is no need to be so pedantic over what it is specifically called. It was a question about when the re-fit is starting and does anyone know how long it’s going to take as presumably they will be closing? 

What's happened to the bike place? Active Travel not all that popular anymore?

1 minute ago, Wavey Davey said:

It’s going to be a bank and a cafe just like the one in Jersey. It’s already a cafe so I asked when the bank bit was due to be completed as I saw them moving all the bikes out yesterday. There is no need to be so pedantic over what it is specifically called. It was a question about when the re-fit is starting and does anyone know how long it’s going to take as presumably they will be closing? 

You are misunderstanding the concept.

• Like 1

Just now, Wavey Davey said:

I’ve literally posted a 3D model of the whole thing in Jersey. Why are you being so unbelievably pedantic? 

Only because it is not what you describe.  It is not going to be a bank.  It is a facility for people who need a quiet work area to go to work.  They are spaces used by people starting their own business or who don't have a suitable area at home.  Quite often there is access to advice, or signposts to sources, on all kinds of aspects of business, not just banking. It is also intended as a place to network and interact with other similarly placed people. 

I doubt you will be able to discuss your current account with a Santander staff member.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I doubt you will be able to discuss your current account with a Santander staff member.

The branch won’t be re-opening until March 2023 so presumably you might in the meantime.

https://www.santanderinternational.co.uk/news-and-community/news-and-insights/changes-to-branch-services-in-the-isle-of-man/

Anyway none of this pedantic nitpicking relates to my original question. Does anyone know how long the re-fit will be taking, if they are closing, and when they plan to open again in the Market Hall?

13 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

The one that is now an ice cream type place?

No.  they are moving to Peveril builidings

Savvy move by them! They'll have the overpaid DOI lycra lovers and crayonistas as a collective audience in Sea Terminal Towers.

It will be like shooting fish in a barrel. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wavey Davey said:

There’s already one in Jersey you can do a virtual tour of. I was just wondering how long the re-fit will be. 

https://workcafe.santanderinternational.co.uk/santander-work-café-jersey-virtual-tour/

That looks good but how much more shared space do we need? We’ve got the Eagle Centre, the Hubb, and several others. It all seems to be very faddy. Just like cycling cafes were 10 years ago. No doubt they’ll be ripping out the building again in another 10 years to accommodate the next coffee-related fad. 

So, we don't know where the bikes and bike shop are going? 

Not to their old place, which is a (now closed for the winter) Gelato place. 

Anyone hear if the new Noa (surely that would now be Noa Noa) will have bikes too? 

Interesting, as I remember hearing that the head honcho at Microgaming was heavily invested in the original refit from market to the bike/cafe.