Prices of eating out

Asthehills

36 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Looks like there is a new Indian restaurant opening in the old Havana building. 

They've been doing a big refit for the last few months and saw a sign outside yesterday. 

Good news that somewhere new is opening.

I had hoped that was going to be a bad/club though when I saw work going on.

43 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

They've been doing a big refit for the last few months and saw a sign outside yesterday. 

Is that Tandoor, moving from Market Hill?

ETA

0B211E98-5961-4664-AC7F-37CC6B60F8DE.jpeg

Edited by The Old Git

10 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Good news that somewhere new is opening.

I had hoped that was going to be a bad/club though when I saw work going on.

Looks like something may have been going on downstairs too (unless they're just using it for storage, as they've gutted the place). 

4 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Is that Tandoor, moving from Market Hill?

ETA

It's not called Tandoor.  Can't remember exact name but I'll check at lunch today. 

On 9/28/2022 at 7:20 PM, Steady Eddie said:

I had to stop using shared space in the UK pre covid it’s handy but when you get sucked into that whole hive community nonsense that’s when I’m off. No I don’t want drinks at 4pm on a Friday with every other knob in here and no I don’t want to go to your hive bowling night in a Wednesday or whatever. Sadly these environments can also be wanker-magnets full of ‘networkers’ with no money and no clients trying to access your money and your clients.

That's why I book a small office now. The shared space/community ethos is a pain... everyone there wants to know what you're up to and they're never quiet, not even for 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Looks like something may have been going on downstairs too (unless they're just using it for storage, as they've gutted the place). 

Remember Mitch from Just Pizza telling me one of the reasons he had to move was the basement flooded so couldnt really be used.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Where’s the Havana building? There’s also an Indian opening in the unit next to KFC/Starbucks, not sure where all staff are coming from as Jaks wants about 30 for their new venture 

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Where’s the Havana building? There’s also an Indian opening in the unit next to KFC/Starbucks, not sure where all staff are coming from as Jaks wants about 30 for their new venture 

Below Carrefour on Wellington Street. Originally Havana. Then a few other unsuccessful bar things.  Then Just Pizza Pasta before they moved to the Quay.

Is the KFC/Starbuck Indian Tandoor maybe?  I'd heard it was a restaurant moving rather than new.  

1 minute ago, The Phantom said:

Below Carrefour on Wellington Street. Originally Havana. Then a few other unsuccessful bar things.  Then Just Pizza Pasta before they moved to the Quay.

Is the KFC/Starbuck Indian Tandoor maybe?  I'd heard it was a restaurant moving rather than new.  

The Indian taking the tenancy at Peel Road is supposed to be Vellika’s

51 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Remember Mitch from Just Pizza telling me one of the reasons he had to move was the basement flooded so couldnt really be used.  

That's interesting because flooding didn't seem an issue in its previous incarnations, and I am going back to Louis Tussauds and Moochers!