Prices of eating out

Asthehills

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Looks like something may have been going on downstairs too (unless they're just using it for storage, as they've gutted the place). 

It's not called Tandoor.  Can't remember exact name but I'll check at lunch today. 

@The Old Git

Called 'Naadu' apparently.  Seem fairly far along, furniture going in there when I passed. 

13 minutes ago, emesde said:

Eating and drinking out is becoming expensive and hitting all parts of the trade as per this uk announcement. 

WETHERSPOONS has announced that it’s selling off 32 pubs across the UK amid rising staff and labour costs.

Yes that’s the best news I’ve read all week. Hopefully that Brexit loving clown who laid off all his workers the day after lockdown hit and told them to get a job at Tesco’s is left penniless as his network of crappy pubs aimed at students and alcoholics collapses. 

Edited by Newsdesk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

@The Old Git

Called 'Naadu' apparently.  Seem fairly far along, furniture going in there when I passed. 

The address sounds about right for where Tandoor said they were moving to and when I poked my head in a month or so ago and asked if this was where Tandoor were moving to the joiner said he thought so. Have to wait and see I suppose, but they’ve been closed for a while now and that can’t be good for any business. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Old Git said:

The address sounds about right for where Tandoor said they were moving to and when I poked my head in a month or so ago and asked if this was where Tandoor were moving to the joiner said he thought so. Have to wait and see I suppose, but they’ve been closed for a while now and that can’t be good for any business. 

A mate enquired via Tandoor facebook page and it is the same people, opening next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Any opinion of them John? Have been to the Sultan of Lancaster a handful of times this year and enjoyed it. 

I like Velika. Service can be slow. Their coconut batter pancake chapatis are amazing. They do a mean deep fried soft shell crab.

Sultan seems to have had a change in personnel. It’s up and down.

I found an Indian food truck in Grimsargh, recently. Only Friday & Saturday nights ( don’t ask what I was doing in Grimsargh! ). It’s called the Delhi Lama. I enjoyed my takeaway, although it was eat in prices.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Asthehills said:

I give it 12 months.

Foe some reason neither of the places down there so far seem busy and they are ideal for that site so I really can’t see an indian restaurant doing well

One of my daughters works part-time at the Peel Road Starbucks - they are regularly serving around 500 vehicles per day at the Drive-thru - I have absolutely no idea whether that's good / bad / average etc etc. (but I do know that it is approx 500 vehicles.)

4 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

One of my daughters works part-time at the Peel Road Starbucks - they are regularly serving around 500 vehicles per day at the Drive-thru - I have absolutely no idea whether that's good / bad / average etc etc. (but I do know that it is approx 500 vehicles.)

Away with you sir... -  nobody has time for that kind of positivity on here...

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

To be honest I drive past several times a day and it doesn’t look that busy at all and neither does the KFC. It will be interesting to see how these businesses stand the test of time. I can’t imagine anything worse than queuing in your car to get a cup of coffee. 

40 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

If that is true then I can’t even begin to imagine what Maccies do.  There is often nobody at Starbucks when I pass. McDs almost always has a queue

38 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

To be honest I drive past several times a day and it doesn’t look that busy at all and neither does the KFC. It will be interesting to see how these businesses stand the test of time. I can’t imagine anything worse than queuing in your car to get a cup of coffee. 

After the first week the interest in KFC really seems to have waned significantly so it will be interesting to see how the Indian works out. Personally if I’m looking to go to an Indian I wouldn’t be looking for one in a carpark from choice. I’m not sure how it works if it’s licensed but I suppose it might be handy being able to leave your car and pick it up on the way to work after a few beers rather than risk it overnight in a disc zone in town but it’s a very odd spot for a sit down restaurant. I’d prefer to go somewhere like Aura on the prom where at least you can have a nice walk back to the car or a taxi afterwards or go on for more beers at the Queens. There you're basically just in a carpark. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 2