Prices of eating out

Asthehills

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

To be fair, they'd have to call it an Egg McMuffin because I couldn't see anyone buying it if it was just called a Mc. How would you even order that? It would just be weird

That’s just semantics…I’d be more concerned with what the so-called “egg” is made of, if it’s not egg…

23 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

To be honest I drive past several times a day and it doesn’t look that busy at all and neither does the KFC. It will be interesting to see how these businesses stand the test of time. I can’t imagine anything worse than queuing in your car to get a cup of coffee. 

Would you rather come into town, find somewhere to park, then walk along Strand Street and then queue for it instead? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

Would you rather come into town, find somewhere to park, then walk along Strand Street and then queue for it instead? 

Of course I’m parking in town every day anyway. It’s much quicker to get into town, park, then grab a coffee on my walk to the office. I can’t think of a stupider place to base a drive thru coffee establishment. I’m not surprised I’ve never seen it busy. Even if it was the other side of the traffic lights it would make slightly more sense but in rush hour you have to edge back out into the traffic again right after you’ve edged your way through traffic for 10 mins anyway and already lost your place. 

I would rather make a cup of coffee at home just the way I like it before I go out and have another one when I return home without the hassle of translating all the crap on the coffee menu board in an overpriced outlet served by a barista…..whatever the f… that is in a cardboard cup that is creating junk and possibly endangering some poor polar bear..🤣.

10 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

Of course I’m parking in town every day anyway. It’s much quicker to get into town, park, then grab a coffee on my walk to the office. I can’t think of a stupider place to base a drive thru coffee establishment. I’m not surprised I’ve never seen it busy. Even if it was the other side of the traffic lights it would make slightly more sense but in rush hour you have to edge back out into the traffic again right after you’ve edged your way through traffic for 10 mins anyway and already lost your place. 

So it’s quicker for you to park, go to the shop then go to office than it would be just to get the coffee and go straight to office?

Yeah ok then 🥴

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

Even if it was the other side of the traffic lights it would make slightly more sense but in rush hour you have to edge back out into the traffic again right after you’ve edged your way through traffic for 10 mins anyway and already lost your place. 

You’re right on location. The drive through coffee hut on the Starwash site makes a lot more sense. You drop off South Quay get a coffee from the hut and then drive on down the quay and across the Swing Bridge to park in Town. Putting a Starbucks at Peel Road just strikes me as stupid as the demand is presumably at peak times which is exactly when the junction is backed up with traffic all going one way into town. I can’t see how people get out easily at all before 9:00AM. I couldn’t even be arsed trying.

Edited by offshoremanxman
Hut
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

So it’s quicker for you to park, go to the shop then go to office than it would be just to get the coffee and go straight to office?

Of course it’s quicker. Are you stupid? I have a coffee shop straight on my way into the office plus I like to drink my coffee when I get to work not in the car. It’s much more efficient. Do you know how long it takes you to fight your way back out of Starbucks into to the queue at Pulrose Bridge in the morning? It’s a hell of a lot longer than getting a coffee when you’re passing a coffee shop on the walk to work after you’ve parked.

• Like 2