Prices of eating out

Asthehills

18 hours ago, Banker said:

Probably have recouped most of costs by end of lease & still have 3 units in a prime site , person owned site before so no land costs .Starbucks & KFC will not go bust!

No offence, but we absolutely no information to support this view.....although you could be right

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 10:35 AM, The Phantom said:

Looks like something may have been going on downstairs too (unless they're just using it for storage, as they've gutted the place). 

It's not called Tandoor.  Can't remember exact name but I'll check at lunch today. 

Had a look at the Facebook page and menu.

New name is Nadu 

Place seems nice but prices are up nearly 75% from when it was Tandoor . I  was expecting  maybe a 20 % or so hike due to inflation but this seems a lot .

Looks like its getting good reviews but I'm  not sure if I  can afford nearly £20 for a main dish 🤔

Edited by mad_manx

2 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Had a look at the Facebook page and menu.

Place seems nice but prices are up nearly 75% from when it was Tandoor . I  was expecting  maybe a 20 % or so hike due to inflation but this seems a lot .

I'm not sure if I  can afford nearly £20 for a main dish 🤔

I'm possibly heading there next week with some of the boys.  

I shall pass on my findings.  But you're right, that's ambitious pricing for an Indian! 

Last time I was at Tandoor was about 5 years ago. 

15 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I'm possibly heading there next week with some of the boys.  

I shall pass on my findings.  But you're right, that's ambitious pricing for an Indian! 

Last time I was at Tandoor was about 5 years ago. 

Hadn't been I tandoor for a while but also liked it so hopefully it's to the same standard

23 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

not sure if I  can afford nearly £20 for a main dish

I can't and that is ridiculous pricing - unless they;re planning of getting into the Guinness Book of Records as the shortest-lived Indian of all time.

Edited by Utah 01
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, WTF said:

you're in your 30's and retired in the housing price thread, of course you can afford 20 quid for a curry

Still doesn't mean that I see value in spending  nearly £20 on a main dish in a curry house unless it's exceptional.

I'm retired but I don't have a posh car or a posh house ( happy with what I have  with no mortgage or debts ) and I also am careful with what I spend. 

It's not how much you earn but the % of spend in proportion  to earn that matters for retirement.. 

https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/

Edited by mad_manx

On 10/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, Banker said:

But the person who owns the site isn’t bothered how busy it is as he has 2 prime tenants in KFC & Starbucks plus the Indian as lower quality.

Been to Starbucks a coif times & it’s a great place to meet up as coffee good, easy parking & very comfortable with pleasant staff

I went last Saturday and the floor was filthy..just like being sat in some scruffy motorway service station..and the coffee wasn’t that great.

3 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

I went last Saturday and the floor was filthy..just like being sat in some scruffy motorway service station..and the coffee wasn’t that great.

I prefer Costa to Starbucks on the odd occasion that I have one . The coffee is much better ...Obviously the independents ( like bohemia here ) are nicer if on island 

But off island its always Costa for me 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mad_manx said:

I prefer Costa to Starbucks on the odd occasion that I have one . The coffee is much better ...Obviously the independents ( like bohemia here ) are nicer if on island 

But off island its always Costa for me 

Caffé Nero for me

• Like 2

Just6 looked at the Villa Parrilla menu, great, a different concept for us all but.................

Twinkie??? on an Argentinian menu??? With meat???? They could give you a Twinkie with your coffee!!!

Large menu which usually means bought in products? Ribs n BBQ sauce, homemade? Great, they'll be less salty than the frozen ones then!!!

It's just too large a menu to be serviced by a few Chefs, there has to be labour saving devices of bought in products.? If the Chefs are on split shifts, how can they prepare the ribs, pulled pork, Ropas and their 'exclusive' buttermilk Chicken!

Favourites!!! They are not yet open but they have 'favourites'#??? Do they mean 'cheaper'? and some of the combos, a \hamburger loaded with other meats? That must be hard!!!!

Actually, the more a dish is supposed to contain, the more you are likely to miss out one!!!

\is the Chef from the Sound of the partnership involved in this??

22 minutes ago, snowman said:

The KFC franchisee has got about 40 sites.

That makes the local situation worse? They will be across the legal situation and will have ensured that the DGlas has get outs and clauses to extricate theirselves with minimum costs???

• Confused 1