Prices of eating out

Asthehills

41 minutes ago, snowman said:

The KFC franchisee has got about 40 sites.

Wonder if  the IoM franchise will be a legally separate wholly owned subsidiary.

However KFC isn’t registered as an Isle of Man incorporated company, business name or as a foreign company conducting business or owning ( leasing ) land on the island.

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Wonder if  the IoM franchise will be a legally separate wholly owned subsidiary.

However KFC isn’t registered as an Isle of Man incorporated company, business name or as a foreign company conducting business or owning ( leasing ) land on the island.

Do they not have to register their trading name here then?

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Surely any company registration would be in the name of the franchisee - just as Costa is Fancy a Coffee Ltd

11 minutes ago, kevster said:

Surely any company registration would be in the name of the franchisee - just as Costa is Fancy a Coffee Ltd

Then it would also have to register the business or trading name, which is I why I pointed out there is nothing KFC related.

If KFC USA inc were to go bankrupt that would not affect the Dlas outlet, they would have to re-brand a s 'Chikn r Us' or some such but they could carry on!

However, if the franchisee were to go bankrupt, that would mean the closure of the Dglas branch while a solution is sought? That is why the legal clauses in the rental agreement with the landlord becomes important! Did they negotiate a 'get out' clause? Or are they obliged to pay a 30 year lease? Seems unlikely? I doubt it???

1 hour ago, WTF said:

it does,  but if pub talk is correct ,the service there is dire  

It's very variable depending on how busy they are. Have had terrible service and great service on consecutive days .  Can be a nightmare if there are weddings etc there.

Breakfast is also hit and miss .  The continental stuff is self serve  The cooked breakfast  has to be ordered and then brought to your table .. While this is a great idea in theory as things are freshly cooked it fails when they are busy ( like a 45 minute to an hour wait  for breakfast at times) . 

But when they are not busy it's a very good cooked breakfast and delivered fairly quickly  ..

Edited by mad_manx
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mad_manx said:

It's very variable depending on how busy they are. Have had terrible service and great service on consecutive days .  Can be a nightmare if there are weddings etc there.

Breakfast is also hit and miss .  The continental stuff is self serve  The cooked breakfast  has to be ordered and then brought to your table .. While this is a great idea in theory as things are freshly cooked it fails when they are busy ( like a 45 minute to an hour wait  for breakfast at times) . 

But when they are not busy it's a very good cooked breakfast and delivered fairly quickly  ..

Booked there for two nights, checked out after the first night. Never again. Two or three couples in the restaurant and about 15-20 very drunk men on one big table making a right noisy nuisance of themselves. 

Poor night sleep with some drunken woman pounding the corridor and shouting because she couldn't find her room

Served coffee in a cup smeared with lipstick in the morning.

Checked out after that. Receptionist didn't comment - I think she knew it was bad. 

I know some people who like it though. Were we unlucky?

2 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Booked there for two nights, checked out after the first night. Never again. Two or three couples in the restaurant and about 15-20 very drunk men on one big table making a right noisy nuisance of themselves. 

Poor night sleep with some drunken woman pounding the corridor and shouting because she couldn't find her room

Checked out after that. Receptionist didn't comment - I think she knew it was bad. 

Sounds like you were unlucky. Did you complain?

29 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I think you were unlucky.. The drunken people not finding their room  is fairly common  everywhere  ( especially on weekends ) . 

Did you call reception  and tell them about the noise..Usually they will be able to sort it out ? 

2 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Sounds like the Adelphi

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Sounds like you were unlucky. Did you complain?

The only staff I saw in the evening was woman trying to cover reception and the bar, and a young waitress who seemed run off her feet.

In the night I think another guest told the drunk wailing woman to "shut up and fuck off"

After breakfast (and a hopefully cleaner cup) we checked out and went home. As I said, the receptionist didn't seem the slightest surprised that we weren't staying the second night we'd booked. Didn't think complaining to her would have helped.

They were hosting a very large event that night, which might explain the lack of staff for regular guests. I did notice from the reserved parking that a number of our politicians were attending. Perhaps that should have been a clue? Guests of some northern organisation, but I cant remember which one.

We have friends who love it there, but for us it was a bit of nightmare. Shame really.  

ETA Sorry, I also meant to quote Mad Max's "Did you call reception  and tell them about the noise..Usually they will be able to sort it out ?" in that reply. Still haven't got the hand of multiple quotes. 

Edited by The Old Git
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, The Old Git said:

ETA Sorry, I also meant to quote Mad Max's "Did you call reception  and tell them about the noise..Usually they will be able to sort it out ?" in that reply. Still haven't got the hand of multiple quotes. 

Use the plus sign

• Like 1