Prices of eating out

Asthehills

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

WTF are you on about.

Its not my problem you can’t read and absorb stuff.

No claims and no fantasy.  Apologies your life life is so dull that you can’t comprehend other people having social lives.

It’s true you didn’t say you were eating at Good Stuff today, but you were quite an advocate for it. More so than people would normally be in recommending a place, either on price or quality.

Anyway no need to be so rude as your posting above.It’s a bit juvenile.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/11/2023 at 11:01 PM, Max Power said:

Sausage x 4 and regular chips at Terrace Chippy £8.10 today. (two of the sausage were for someone else.) Nothing fantastic, the usual formerly frozen sausages and crummy chips. 15p for a flimsy plastic bag too! 

I wonder what the real costs are, and how much is profiteering due to the whole vibe around increased costs? Nobody seems to be trying to be competitive anymore?

This is a general thought really. But I’ve just been charged for fish chips and peas for £13. 

I thought hold on this is a dish for everyone, the poor and the rich. 
I recall the old boys and girls would eat out the chippy every night because it was the food for all. 
were fucked when a chippy tea is more expensive then a tea in a restaurant or cafe.

a chippy tea is a luxury as a restaurant meal now. It’s fucken bonkers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gizo said:

This is a general thought really. But I’ve just been charged for fish chips and peas for £13. 

I thought hold on this is a dish for everyone, the poor and the rich. 
I recall the old boys and girls would eat out the chippy every night because it was the food for all. 
were fucked when a chippy tea is more expensive then a tea in a restaurant or cafe.

a chippy tea is a luxury as a restaurant meal now. It’s fucken bonkers. 

The terrace chippy is very expensive. Don't use it as a barometer of costs/inflation in general. Mediocre food that people are daft enough to pay over the odds for. 

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

The terrace chippy is very expensive. Don't use it as a barometer of costs/inflation in general. Mediocre food that people are daft enough to pay over the odds for. 

Not just the Terrace, that sort of price is par for the course everywhere now. Energy, wages, taxes, foodstuffs bought in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Definitely, oysters were a poor persons food until the 1920’s

Incredible how they’ve been marketed as a sophisticate’s appetiser. They’re basically salty slime that have literally filtered shit out of seawater to feed it to the next person. 

Can you tell I’m not a fan?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3